RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2015

Yeah I've only played Pillars of Eternity from that list! So many games, so little time...

Daniel.

Criminy - I voted too soon. I forgot about Underrail - I'm kind of saving it when I have more time.
You can change your votes as long as it runs. Just enter the contest again and make a different choice.

Nice year for me game wise if only because of Pillars and FO4. I voted:

1- FO4
2 - Pillars
3 - Witcher 3

I didn't actually get past 30 hours or so in the W3 as it wasn't my cup of tea game wise. But since it is a very well made game, for what it is, I felt it deserved a vote.

Future was hard as only one game was high on my list:

1 - Torment
2 - Grim Dawn
3 - Pillars Exp

Overall both years have some nice RPG style gaming.

Well some people are just way too cool to enjoy garbage like TW3 or Fallout 4...

Putting those two in the same basket is cute...

Here is a thread in this forums with one of the devs (?) of the mod where you can ask questions,
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061379554#post1061379554

Nope, not a dev :p

I am part of Enderal's translation team and recently started helping SureAI with their PR ;-)

Well this year I actually didn't play that many RPGs, just Witcher 3...it was a great game but imo placing it at 1 when I haven't played even 3 of the games on the list seems slightly unfair to me. Hence Place 2 and neither 1 nor 3.

Next year: Well Enderal obviously and Deus EX - the third place is vacant currently ^^

I'm another who is unable to vote despite being a member for some time, donating money to the site and also being fairly sure that I voted last year. I agree with my fellow lurkers that we should be able to vote based on longevity rather than loquacity.

I don't agree with voting based on registration date, but donating should probably get you a vote, it pretty much confirms you're a legit user.

I don't agree with voting based on registration date.
It's was needed to stop poll inflating. When I helped last year we decided to exclude non members & new sign-ups, and Myrthos already explained why it's different this year.
donating should probably get you a vote, it pretty much confirms you're a legit.
That I can agree with you.:)

Last edited:
Perhaps you should have specified these details about poll admittance in the original post about the Game of the Year poll.

It's was needed to stop poll inflating. When I helped last year we decided to exclude non members & new sign-ups, and Myrthos already explained why it's different this year.
Sorry, guess I wasn't too clear but what I meant is that I agree with the current restriction, which AFAIK requires a certain low number of posts. I think that's better than going on registration date.

Perhaps you should have specified these details about poll admittance in the original post about the Game of the Year poll.
Let me add that then.

. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
. Underrail
. Invisible, Inc.

. X-Com 2
. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
. Divinity: Original Sin 2

I just changed my 2016 votes: out with "Divinity: Original Sin 2", in with "Enderal: Shards of Order". I know Enderal is a mod, but I consider it a game per se, worth to get its own 2016 votes.

Don't get me wrong though, I expect D: OS 2 to be a great game when it's released. But for now, Enderal is closer to being released and my expectations are high too. So I opted to change my votes.

I guess I didn't realize Dragon Age: Inquisition was not "this" year, because that would have been #2 for best games I've played within the last yearish… Witcher 3 is my #1. Next is Pillars of Eternity and… Fallout 4, though I think I like Fallout 4 more for its addictive gameplay rather than it's quality gameplay, so it's kind of a cheap high.

Next year it's Mass Effect, and not even close. XCom I love, but even I won't claim it's an RPG, however it's my #2. Then I'll say The Division to stay controversial on this forum. ;)

There are other much smaller projects and Kickstarters I'm going to play finally, but the hype hasn't reached me yet.

What's the planned duration of the vote?
Somewhere next week. It should run for a week, but I probably forget to disable voting in exactly a week from the start, so it probably runs a bit longer :)

How can Divinity be voted as game of the year when basically its a release of a game from t he previous year...

Back
Top Bottom