Quantcast
Pricewatch! - Page 370 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

July 25th, 2017, 21:07
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I was also thinking of getting some of the old Star Trek adventure games. Anyone here play those?
If you can tolerate the low-res pixel graphics and the Wing Commander style combat, Star Trek 25th Anniversary and Judgment Rites are very enjoyable and faithful to the feel of the original series; also voiced by the original cast (Judgment Rites was the last time DeForest Kelley played Bones).

JaakkoPeltonen

Watcher

July 25th, 2017, 23:31
Originally Posted by JaakkoPeltonen View Post
Risen 3 Complete Edition is part of the $1 tier of Humble Saint's Row Bundle. You also get Deadlight Director's Cut, Homefront and Saint's Row 2 in the $1 tier, and there are further tiers with other non-RPG games.
This is very strange: Risen 3 complete is Steam only in the bundle, but available as DRM Free as well in the Store?

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

July 26th, 2017, 01:50
Is risen 3 worth $1 ? Reviews seem negative but not sure if it was patched up and otherwise decent.

you

Lazy_dog
Original Sin 2 Donor

July 26th, 2017, 04:50
Originally Posted by you View Post
Is risen 3 worth $1 ? Reviews seem negative but not sure if it was patched up and otherwise decent.
I paid full price when it was new and had no regrets. It's far from PB's best game, but I still got 100+ hours out of it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Yesterday, 02:15
Just Cause 3 is free to play for the next 19 hours: http://store.steampowered.com/app/225540/Just_Cause_3/
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

+1:

Yesterday, 10:10
Originally Posted by you View Post
Risen 3 is much better than Risen 2. It wasn't patched up because there was nothing to patch up. Only minor issues, which were fixed routinely. Good game, which brings at least a bit of the old Gothic formula back.

So yes, R3 was even worth full price. Leaving the old PB fan aside, there's really not much to dislike about R3. It's a nice, enjoyable and long game with some fun to find for everybody. Should have scored in the 80-85% range.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

Yesterday, 11:59
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Risen 3 is much better than Risen 2. It wasn't patched up because there was nothing to patch up. Only minor issues, which were fixed routinely.
But there was a major issue. For a certain minority though.
Seems everyone forgot that Risen 3, upon it's release, refused to work on i7 CPUs. For whatever reason it worked with any CPU just didn't budge if you had i7 in the rig.

Okay, most of gamers know that buying i7 instead of i5 is throwing at least $100 down the toilet, but some people just had to buy it and on their machines R3 didn't work.
That issue got patched.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

Yesterday, 12:16
I was kind of enjoying Risen 3, but hit a game-breaking bug in the cutscene following the (extremely tedious) kraken battle. Meh.

mogwins

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!