Grimoire - Development Updates

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
As Cleve has made a new announcement on the release date of Grimoire I thought I'll share this bit of news with you. This new date is now set on the last day of May (this year). I'll leave it to you all to determine the value of this new date.

Furthermore there will be a new IndieGoGo campaign to allow those who missed out on the previous 2 to participate in this third one. Perhaps this one will raise more money as the previous 2 were below expectation.

And Cleve also mentions that there will most likely be a Kickstarter campaign when he starts working on the Grimoire sequel. It is mind-boggling to think of what the release date of that game would be.

More information.

Grimoire 2 eh? :) Funny joke indeed.

When I saw the bit about the sequel, I almost ... literally ... fell off my chair laughing.

Now it's May 31st '14? Hilarious.

Man I was in my 20's when Grimoire was going to be released. Now I am in my 40's and to old and jaded to hear about Grimoire 2. He is the king of the ass hats :)

Well, he basically has two options - given how he can't seem to finish games and how much he's been exposed in the media (compared to his relative insignificance).

He can either disappear and try to avoid attention at all costs, or he can make it all into some clever joke - pretending he's smart because he tricked people or whatever.

I don't think the latter will work, but that seems to be his approach. I fear it will only be the end of whatever sanity he has left.

I have a feeling Cleve will die before Grimoire gets finally released. And the rest of us too.

It's truly beyond me why anyone pledged money. I know he only got around 6K, but still.

And why is another campaign needed? I thought the game was "really close", but then again, we've been hearing that for years.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

My bet for 2014 seems well on track :lol:

Now anyone pledging to the 3rd campaign need to either get their head checked or a link to a decent charity or something.

He can't even finish the first game even after more than 17 years and want to make a sequel already? LOL

Cm just shakes her head and walks away.:locked:

In this case I side with the people who think it's wrong to crowdsource a new project before delivering on the old one. And given how poor his scheduling has been to date I see no reason to believe anything he'd have to say about the schedule of the hypothetical sequel. He's burned too much credibility.

Actually the superdemo puts a lot of RPGs to shame! It is that good. The patched demo is coming, then hopefully a release.

A third indigogo campaign?!

I should definitely take down some of those backers' names and sell them some winning lottery tickets redeemable in 2015. I could make a killing.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Actually the superdemo puts a lot of RPGs to shame! It is that good. The patched demo is coming, then hopefully a release.

My take is that the "super demo" is only for backers, which to me seems odd. Why not release it to everyone?

I played the more recent "regular" demo and it had some issues, but while I am extremely dubious it'll ever get released, I am still following it and would be more than happy to try the "final" demo.

He can't even finish the first game even after more than 17 years and want to make a sequel already? LOL

It has been that long?

OMG!

That's what you call vaporware.

Back
Top Bottom