Could you identify this 3D RPG game made somewhat in between 1997-2003 ?

The only things I remember about it is that:
- first level is in the sewers, and there are some kind of sewer creatures;
- second level is in the european-like city with tall old buildings, and you can talk to npcs and roam around it;
- you control multiple characters;
- in the first level you see your characters from above, while in the second level it's full 3D or at least camera is more flexible.

I played it on PC; don't know if available for other consoles.

Thanks y'all.

Perhaps one of the early Elder Scrolls games ?

No, not Elder Scrolls.
From that era I can think of three 3d-type games with parties, sewers and houses/cities (Thunderscape, Stonekeep and Descent to Undermountain), but none of those had a birdy-view first level IIRC.

Last edited:
Return to Krondor pretty much had all the mentioned elements, although the sewer level wasn't in the beginning...

Dang, yes, Krondor. When I read 3D I automatically thought of 1st person view.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have looked at all of the games you mentioned on youtube, but I don't think any of those match.

Although return to Krondor has some familiar features.. one other thing about the game is that after the dark severs you climb up by the ladder, and there is a beautiful bright city (daytime). And as I gathered from the Krondor game, the city is much darker.

I don't know how to describe that city exactly, but as far as I can recall it it is somewhat majestic. Like if you put a lot of Mormon Temples and similar extravagant style architecture together. And it's all bright. Does that happen in Return to Krondor? Because maybe I got the demo and the levels were messed up, I don't know.

Can you remember anything about the characters?

I really can't. I think there were at least three of them. Or maybe they could multiply and then converge into one again. I can't remember. I think maybe, just maybe level 1 featured some kinds of spiders or crawling creatures in the sewer, and some characters could do magic. Also, again just maybe, the second level had only one character while the others were left in the sewer, and that character needed to talk to a lot of npcs to find some item, but the npcs wouldn't be very talkative, like there was something going on. But there's a high chance I'm making this up. And the city had fountains and bridges. I can't remember anything else.

I remember I stopped playing in the middle of level 2 because I wasn't into talking to a lot of npcs and exploring at that time. But now I'm into that kinda stuff, I have played Omikron recently and I guess level 2 might have a similar vibe. Although, again, the buildings in this game are white, majestic, fountains, kinda detailed area.

Real time or turn based?

It's real time. But the thing is I think it has some mixed elements of genres. For instance level 1 feels completely like a bird-view rpg, while the second level switches the perspective to a more flexible 3D view. And now there are no monsters to kill but a city to explore and lots talking. It switches from the bird-view to a some kind of modified 3rd person point of view.

Temple of Elemental Evil? Dungeon Siege? Baldurs Gate 2? Trying to remember party bases RPGs from that era.

Out of these three, only BG2 kinda start in a sewer. Well you start in a dungeon, but it transit via the sewers then move to the city.

Hey guys! Someone just suggested a game called Summoner (2000) and I think that that's the one! Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions. I might try playing Temple of Elemental Evil and that Krondor game too, they look pretty interesting too.

Such a shame that the PC never got Summoner 2….

TOEE is probably the best D&D adaptation you will ever find. Don't expect a great story, but the gameplay mechanics are quite good. Also you might want a playthrough with the Co8 mod.

http://www.co8.org/community/index.php

Return to Krondor did not age well, sadly. A remaster would be nice, but i doubt that it will happen.

Hm, I played Summoner, but I don't remember a sewer at the beginning ... Only mid-game ...

Back
Top Bottom