Stanley Cup Playoffs 2019 edition

Well, in the defence of the Bruins, I will say I thoroughly dislike the Patriots even more!!! For all that I have against the Bruins, at least they don't blatantly cheat and then have it covered up by the powers in charge.

Go Blues!

Yes all those rings Brady’s wearing are undeserved I suppose. Riiiiiiight. Brady GOAT. Go Bruins!!!

Spygate, deflate-gate, pretty sure the Patriots are the cheating-est team, but probably not the best. Nothing to say against the Red Sox or Bruins though. Patriots can bite it though. Go Blues anyway. Remember when the Celtics were a dynasty?

I would like to propose that the word "winningest" be banned in all circumstances, for all time.

They just pain out hustled and dominated. Bruins need Chara back and it isn’t looking good for game 5.

The Blues came out with their feet to the pedals, and never let up. That's exactly how they need to play for the rest of the series, you cannot play fifteen to twenty minutes of good hockey and expect to win games. Last night they played well for a solid hour and reaped the benefits.

Meanwhile the bruins played about 15 minutes. If Chara doesn’t come back I’m upping the Blues chances to 50/50 in 7 games

The Blues did look really good last night, but it almost wasn't enough.

I was expecting 5-2 the way they were dominating but the hype is over with Bennington. Good, NHL caliber goalie now but his weaknesses are scouted.

I see that Gretzky confirmed that the almost Saskatoon Blues are playing an old style of hockey that you aren't supposed to be able to play anymore. NBCSN was showing clips of the work in the corners. I'm not so sure about that as Berube keeps having to harangue them not to play like he did and keep trying to score goals - quit trying to just defend a lead.

The funny thing is it looked like Bruins hockey from the 90’s. Intense physical digging. As the game went on the Bruins looked smaller and smaller.

There are several areas that the Blues are behind the Bruins in, and one of the glaring categories is sheer physicality. Maybe it's avoided to not garner penalties, but there is a point that you cannot let hits simply go unanswered. With players like Maroon and Perron, I know it isn't for not having the players that can lower a boom. Last night was a welcome break in this deficiency, and we'll all see if it continues for the rest of this series.

Huge momentum swap though. Bruins played well and naturally everyone here is screaming about the non tripping call that led to the 2nd goal. But nobody here seems to mention that the Bruins had a good dozen opportunities squandered by one pass too many. So yeah bad officiating but really not why they lost.

The whole referring this entire season has been spotty at best, and downright criminal a few times, so it doesn't surprise me at all that there have been incidents in the final round as well. I really expected the Bruins to tie it up at the end, the final four to five minutes of the match they were in full control of the puck, but that gutsy Blues goaltender held his own in the end, as well as the defence providing a good screen for him. The next game will be something to watch!!

Huge momentum swap though. Bruins played well and naturally everyone here is screaming about the non tripping call that led to the 2nd goal. But nobody here seems to mention that the Bruins had a good dozen opportunities squandered by one pass too many. So yeah bad officiating but really not why they lost.

Wait... are you sure you're from Boston? ;)

That was a heck of a lot closer than the final score. We will take the back breaking garbage goal that made it 2-0 which forced the Blues to take chances giving Boston a ton of scoring opportunities. Game 7 is anybody’s game I think.

Back
Top Bottom