pic11.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 97
  • pic12.jpg
    pic12.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 94
  • pic13.jpg
    pic13.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 25
Some great shots Joxer, the Deathclaw one is probably my favorite next to the ox up on the roof top and the rolling pin. The previous six also had some good lines in them - think that last one in the first set is an easter egg for TES and the Dark Brotherhood.

A more moody shot from some tinkering I did:

23183989005_ed2d2e7623_o.png

Wolf, thanks for the links on the previous page. I installed the newest version of ReShade along with the Wasteland Grit preset.

I'm not sure if it's working correctly though. I definitely installed ReShade correctly because I can see it in the upper left corner when I start the game, but I don't think the Wasteland Grit preset is loading. Is it suppose to say the name of the chosen preset when it's loading up? I used the Mediator front end btw.

I'm supposed to be able to toggle DoF and Ambient Occlusion with the End and Insert keys, but nothing is happening when I hit those keys.

*Edit* Ok, I reinstalled it without using the front end, and it's working now. :)

Not bad, but the effect is subtle without the DoF which is pretty terrible during actual gameplay. The author does state that the DoF is only intended for screenshots though. I probably need to spend a little more time with the preset before I begin to appreciate the effect.

Last edited:
Some shots from my playthrough:

The fourth pic is top notch.
It's exactly what everyone says - Beth warmed up chairs and did some proper writing for this game. Finally!

And great teddies catch!

The second and third mean you're onto main quest and as such… At least to me, not interesting at all.
Sorry, I have to criticize rushing the main quest while there are hundreds of superinteresting optional things to do in the game which are not just fetch quests.
Is it enough to say that I'm 130 hours in the game and didn't enter Fort Hagen yet?

But speaking of the main quest… Here's one… BEFORE Fort Hagen:

pic.jpg

Last edited:
Don't worry, I'm taking my sweet time in this one :)
67 hours according to steam and I generally do mainquest stuff only if I'm in the area of one.
Yeah man, lots of nice little touches like that in the game :)

Some great great screenshots. Great to see people getting their money's worth...mods will do great for this game

Wolf, thanks for the links on the previous page. I installed the newest version of ReShade along with the Wasteland Grit preset.

I'm not sure if it's working correctly though. I definitely installed ReShade correctly because I can see it in the upper left corner when I start the game, but I don't think the Wasteland Grit preset is loading. Is it suppose to say the name of the chosen preset when it's loading up? I used the Mediator front end btw.

I'm supposed to be able to toggle DoF and Ambient Occlusion with the End and Insert keys, but nothing is happening when I hit those keys.

*Edit* Ok, I reinstalled it without using the front end, and it's working now. :)

Not bad, but the effect is subtle without the DoF which is pretty terrible during actual gameplay. The author does state that the DoF is only intended for screenshots though. I probably need to spend a little more time with the preset before I begin to appreciate the effect.

DOF in ReShade is pretty much not playable game-wise. It lacks the control you get with ENB DOF. It lacks the ability to blur only things in the far distance no matter where the camera is focused - so you end up with everything around the focus blurred … or you have to make it so weak there is no sense in using it. I assign a hot key to it and when I see a shot I like I hit the hot key to enable it and then hit it again to disable.

I use Lumasharpen (although also toying with Gaussina blur/sharpen) at around 1.9 sharp with a 0.031 clamp to remove the TAA blur effect. I use TAA as it fixes the shimmering caused by MSAA. FXAA and SMAA are fairly useless to me. So LumaSharpen and TAA work fairly well together.

I then use liftgammagain to add a bit more contrast and darkness, which added with a weak Sepia adjustment, removes the yellow tint/haze leaving a nice clean sharp image.

I have not uploaded my own preset as it is a work in progress but if you want to try it just let me know and I will provide a link to a stable version. But it doesn't preserve that vintage/retro/bleak style (although I am working on a version that will be desaturated and retro in look/feel) I thought you might prefer.

Some great great screenshots. Great to see people getting their money's worth…mods will do great for this game

Unlike FO3, this game is worth every penny.
Coming from a person who despises previous Bethesda designs and who doesn't use visual postprocessing mods, you know what that means. Either they paid me some heavy sum or the game is actually that good.
Trust me, I didn't become a millionaire recently.

Nice to see some more shots from people in this thread! Thanks to those who posted some.

A couple more - the Valentine's one is my favorite.

23203987006_58ffbffd0f_o.png

22601667844_29dac3fabb_o.png

23224591175_de645c0e7f_o.png

23193947446_fb477dc18f_o.png

Some shots from my playthrough:

2yytdn9.png

Just popped onto main, had to. USS sent me there for a part they needed so...
Here's my take on that scene, I'd call dancing in the moonlight. :D

pic.jpg

Lemme mock you some more.

A sidequest, ofcourse, but the one that "forced" me to go at the spot where main quest continues.
There is plenty of action with this one, but here's just a few pics. The ship is called U.S.S. Constitution.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

Although the ship gets stuck on a building - again, you can get to it (Faneuil Hall, then go for lifts in the correct building) and the captain gives you liutenant rank, you get lt. hat and his cabin to use!
It's of course Bethesda so all items in captain's cabin are red and if you pick anything there, it's theft. Meh.

Looks like a nice battle - haven't seen anything like that yet.

Did find another teddy bear though:

22634745714_c9436c86ee_o.png

Last edited:
Ah, I didn't know Dogmeat could be changed from a German Shepherd into a Boxer :)

New toy I discovered tonight (I am a slow player I know). Goes well with his outfit. Only level 15 and was a tough fight - VATS and Dogmeat helped.

22684082353_f228bb8d78_o.png

Really having a blast lately. Some of the quests are great. Plenty of boring fetch and radiant quests but some of the more custom ones have been both amusing and intriguing as well as sad and even creepy. Finally made it to Good Neighbor and think I like this town a bit more than Diamond City. Some shots of Wolf and Dogmeat on patrol. A friend suggested I should start a "Wolf Steelson Comics" series starring "Wolf and Dog-meat: The Furry Justice League"

Won't give titles to avoid spoilers although some folks will figure out a couple of shots I am sure.

23296168046_07cea5280d_o.png

22695170993_0e153c40c3_o.png

22693894504_63e77ba3bc_o.png

23213949622_6ae036bc36_o.png

22954354329_ee33189bba_o.png

The Fog - not Carpenter's movie though.
Although, the common thing is, again, the misplaced ship as you can see on the pic:

pic.jpg

You found a collectible baseball, yay!
Moe will pay a fortune for that one most definetly!

pic.jpg

Who'd think these stuff can happen in instutute, I mean… They deal with humanoid slave synths, right?

pic.jpg

Eenie meenie miney mo, I guess the fourth choice is the one my char should say…
I mean… Can't remember the question. :shy:

pic.jpg

Lol love those last two shots Joxer - took me a second to figure out the second to last one.

A couple of shots from Revere Beach. Really liked the lighting and shadows.

23436315395_6be002cd6e_o.png

23068351299_9be0618c71_o.png

23436316935_d0cb291804_o.png

23068357499_dfabc75256_o.png

Back
Top Bottom