DwarfCorp - Explore, Exploit, and Profit!

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
If you were a fan of Dwarf Fortress developer Completely Fair has a new kickstarter for you. It's called DwarfCorp, and they even have a prototype demo available to try.

Dig deep into the earth to discover rare gems and ores, and send them back to the motherland in a balloon or ship. Defend your colony with walls, traps, and mercenaries. Promote your employees for their good work, or give them a slap if they get sloppy. Meet Elves, Goblins, Mole Men, Demons and more!. Design your company logo and color scheme, and watch your company stock rise and fall against your competitors!

We are a two-man team of amateurs making the game of our dreams in our spare time. After developing this game for almost a year, we are looking for backers to help us make releasing this a reality. We are also looking for feedback and potential collaborators. We'd love to hear from you!
More information.

Last edited:
It's almost funded already, but I'm not joining in.
Looks too much as phonegamey.

But why wouldn't one just play Dwarf Fortress instead? Seems odd to lift the whole concept of Dwarf Fortress, I mean they could have done Elf fortress or something and at least that would have been a stab at an original concept.

I think there are a lot of people (myself included) who love the idea of dwarf fortress but who will never play it because it's not remotely user friendly. The developer of dwarf fortress has acknowledged this, but made it clear that he doesn't really care. So there's definitely a demand for a dwarf fortress like game that's easier to get into. DwarfCorp is not the only one that's under development.

I think there are a lot of people (myself included) who love the idea of dwarf fortress but who will never play it because it's not remotely user friendly. The developer of dwarf fortress has acknowledged this, but made it clear that he doesn't really care. So there's definitely a demand for a dwarf fortress like game that's easier to get into. DwarfCorp is not the only one that's under development.

yeah i played it and enjoyed it for a while. the interface got is what killed it for me in the end though. havent checked the website in a very long time, last i checked ui was not a priority at all, rather something he'd tack on after all features are in.
so i guess i'll never play that game again, too bad since i absolutely love the concept. this game however i just might like, i just hope it has enough depth (doesnt have to have df depth)

Back
Top Bottom