Pool Of Radiance 2

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
Who else finished it besides me? Who else thought it was great? Who else thinks it is one of the most unappreciated games ever made eh? Flame suit on!

I never finished, but bought it at the same time as Arcanum & Lionheart (all three for $11 on eBay!). I thought it was lousy in general, and completely superfluous in specific ... and superceded in every way by other games I was already enjoying ... so I stopped playing, uninstalled it and stuck it in my storage box.

I got it for a few bucks but never put it on after I read all the dire warnings from pretty much every person who ever played it. I guess there's also a terrible installation bug or something as well, i dunno, I suppose I'll put it on an old computer one day or something

First a strange thread lamenting the loss of the word "vigilant", now a thread praising and reveling in "Pool of Radiance II". This board may have inadvertently opened up some kind of weird vortex to the Twilight Zone or something.

Definitely the worst, most BORING game I have ever played, and I have played a LOT of games!! I REALLY wanted to like this game and I persevered LONG after I should have given up in disgust and moved on!! Combat could take up to 10 minutes a TURN before all the creatures moved into their next position and battles took forever. I love TB games, but this one nearly killed them for me!! Dungeon Lords was a fun and exciting game compared to the heap of manure called PoR2!!

Did any of you fight the Drow? Boring? I don't think so.

Yes the Undead could be pretty tedious - but there is a speed patch out there. I did NOT use the speed patch but I can assure you a turn never took 10 minutes.

Now Corwin: I find your comparison to Dungeon Lords to be outright offensive. I will forgive you however - since I know, you know, hell we all know you could not possibly believe what you wrote. Perhaps your comment was in jest.

I spent $7 on POR2. I spent $39.99 on Dungeon Lords. I got 120 hours out of POR2 and 2.5 out of Dungeon Lords

I wept.

I spent $7 on POR2. I spent $39.99 on Dungeon Lords. I got 120 hours out of POR2 and 2.5 out of Dungeon Lords

I wept.

Yeah, but that 120 hours was just finishing all the battles on the first level!! :p

Oh well i hated it you like it thats fine but boring as hell for me. Dungeon Lords i played for about a day then the next day i was in the crypt with some talking thing on the wall just deleted it just too boring.

Liked the theme song for Dungeon Lords too bad there was NO music in the game :|

No, no, no!! You don't understand!! Having NO other music was a FEATURE!! That allowed you to listen to any other music you preferred!! :biggrin:

Played through the complete PoR 2 - and I like it - good combat engine and ...
play it with the latest patch.

Wasn't the bug something like if you didn't have the patch and tried to uninstall it could wipe out your HD?

If you want to play a turn-based D&D game, then get Temple of Elemental Evil. POR 2 is just plain bad. I admit I only played it for about 2-3 hours, but that was enough to know I wasn't going to waste any more time than that.

Played ToEE too and enjoyed most of it. Got a bit boring towards the end, but the combat mechanics were excellent!!

Played ToEE too and enjoyed most of it. Got a bit boring towards the end, but the combat mechanics were excellent!!

That was what I felt - the story took a serious backseat to the combat system. But the fights just rocked. And since you didn't get to high levels, you *really* needed to use strategy.

Such a shame how Atari abandoned TOEE after it was released. I don't think we'll ever be seeing a sequel to that one.

Played through the complete PoR 2 - and I like it - good combat engine and ...
play it with the latest patch.

Say it again brother!!!!!

And of course I've played and completed ToEE. Best turn based combat system ever devised.

It is clear to me however that the rest of you prefer console games ;)

Or a 'misunderstood RPG' support group ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom