Dark Souls Remastered

Pongo

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Is anyone playing this? I'm a big fan of Dark Souls so I'll definitely pick it up at some point (after pay day probably :)). Initial Steam reviews suggest there are improvements in the graphics and performance but issues with cheaters invading games. I'd be interested to hear any views from the Watch if anyone is giving it a go.

Ok thanks. Doesn't sound promising in that thread.

I purchased it this morning, and it's great.
Works very nice on pc, with actually functional mouse and keyboard controls.
And no crashes yet. And I can actually run this on win10 with no trouble.
And I run it at 3440x1440 @ 60fps.

With regards to dsfix, that was never a perfect fix for me. It worked sort of ok, on some OSes, but I was never able to get it to work on Win10, or on monitors that run at different frequencies than 60Hz.

So, it's definitely way better than with dsfix in my experience.

The only shitty thing is, you have to pay 20 euros (half price if you already own the original) for something that should have been delivered on release day.

Can you purchase a digital copy from another region?
I can buy a Steam key from another store that doesn't do the crazy region price inflation thing (because apparently it takes more effort to ship all those bits and bytes over here :p ), but then you don't get the "already owned" discount and you're still paying about NZ $55.

Honestly, this sounds like something that should have been free, or a minimal charge, for people like me who made the mistake of buying the original port.

Honestly, this sounds like something that should have been free, or a minimal charge, for people like me who made the mistake of buying the original port.

And that's how I will be treating it.

A lot of negative reviews about the online part, full of cheaters who get you banned somehow. Also these minor fixes for € 20? I'll stick to prepare to die edition with DSfix.

I can also confirm that k/m are improved, at least to what I remember it running years ago. Which isn't saying too much. But it's absolutely playable. That's how I'm playing currently.

But that's not the main fix for me. As I said before, even with dsfix, it never ran fine or sometimes none at all on windows 10. Now it works very nicely even on ultra wide resolutions. So, it's a definite improvement for me.

As per usual for me, will wait for the dust (and the price) to settle, see how it pans out.

Weren't they remastering the bloody thing for last half a decade? ;)

I bought this and I've been playing it. Works fine on Win10 and plays smoothly. Only negative thing is that I've started playing offline as not a single invader wasn't a cheater. Not one. So I'm all offline now which diminishes the experience a bit.

What exactly are the cheaters doing and how are they doing it?

I hit them a few times for zero damage then they one shot me. I have no idea how they're doing it but a quick google reveals I'm far from alone experiencing this.

Are you playing KB/M or controller ? If KB/M how has the KB/M interface changed from the non-remastered version ?

I bought this and I've been playing it. Works fine on Win10 and plays smoothly. Only negative thing is that I've started playing offline as not a single invader wasn't a cheater. Not one. So I'm all offline now which diminishes the experience a bit.

Since keyboard/mouse was terrible with the prepare to die edition, I learned to play using an xbox 360 controller. I’ve played all the dark souls games this way as a result. Sorry I can’t give you feedback on this.

Back
Top Bottom