Hero-U - Weekend Giveaway

Congratulations to all winners, and thank you Michael Cole for donating the keys! :)

Congrats all. Btw for those who were following this thread my key went back to HiddenX and off to someone else as selected HiddenX. I did not offer the key on the black market mostly because the markets around here are blue....

you and Carnifex already have the game - so we have two new winners:

Arahael
Skullguise

Congrats!

Congratulations!

Wonder how far off I would of been from qualifying…
Probably been following the site that long, but registered later.

Thank you for the key. I've started playing and I'm having a lot of fun! I feel like a kid again playing a Quest for Glory game and the little nods to characters from that series is great nostalgia.

Wonder how far off I would of been from qualifying…
Probably been following the site that long, but registered later.

You joined to late so you didn't meet the criteria. Look at my join date and post count. I didn't come close.

I always loved the old QFG games. Never completed any of them, though. I think I got close with the first one.

I believe there's at least one more of these spiritual successors out, though, right?

Those quest for glory games brought a fair amount of people into the computer gaming scene, for that alone they have my undying respect and appreciation.

I always loved the old QFG games. Never completed any of them, though. I think I got close with the first one.

I believe there's at least one more of these spiritual successors out, though, right?

Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements is another upcoming QFG inspired game. Basically the game is finished except for finishing the voice acting recording and the mind-numbing task of lip-synching the character animations with the voices.

Quest for Infamy
and Heroine's Quest are two more that were released a few years ago.

Last edited:
Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements is another upcoming QFG inspired game. Basically the game is finished except for finishing the voice acting recording and the mind-numbing task of lip-synching the character animations with the voices.
That game still isn't out yet? If I remember it was funded almost five years ago. Really what is it with all these funded kickstarters taking so long to release.:(

That game still isn't out yet? If I remember it was funded almost five years ago. Really what is it with all these funded kickstarters taking so long to release.:(

Yes the KS ended in March 2013. The original estimated release date they had given was early 2014. There were quite a few problems that caused delays, like pesky bugs caused by the limitations of the engine they're using. In addition, it seems the physical swag cost a good deal more than their initial estimates and they are now paying monthly storage fees for the figurines because the game has been delayed so much.

It's pretty clear a lot of developers were being overly optimistic (if not outright dishonest) in their estimated release dates, presumably because not many people would back a game that wouldn't release for several years. KS is certainly not for the impatient :)

I've never played any of the predecessors but I've been playing this a solid 3 days.

So far, lots of running around on fixed time schedules. Lots, and lots of puns. I don't know where they found all these. Lots of hand painted stuff and you feel like you are running around in those paintings a bit. Lot's of text that doesn't do anything but its nice they took time to personalize so many objects.

There are consequences to your actions. But with the schedules you can blow it sometimes. For one, I might be going to earlier save to see if I can find the catacombs to complete my request.

Thanks again to Michael Cole and you @HiddenX;

If it was crowd-funded, they hopefully already paid their bills.

Back
Top Bottom