Bard's Tale IV - Releasing September 18th

Yes indeedy, the original remasters are still the principle item here, in my opinion. I don't have to wonder in advance if they'll live up to my expectations, I just need them to run on my machine!

The remastered version of the first game will come to steam early access on July 24th and the other two shortly after that, so I don't think they will release them so soon.

Ah nice thanks! Now part of the fun is mapping IMO, so removing that I wonder if it will lose some of the luster. This being said I don't have the time to hand map anymore.

30 hours, if true, is stupidly short for a game of this kind. Hopefully that is the number for someone just rushing through the main story. My play-through of Might & Magic X & its DLC, which wasn't an "epic" game itself by any means, was over 60 hours.

30 hours, if true, is stupidly short for a game of this kind. Hopefully that is the number for someone just rushing through the main story. My play-through of Might & Magic X & its DLC, which wasn't an "epic" game itself by any means, was over 60 hours.

Yeah, 30 hours is still good entertainment/$, but if the game is as good as I hope it is it will be a shame to finish it that quickly. Still, the upside is I will actually get to finish it within a couple of weeks. It took me ages to get through Elex for example, I simply haven't got the time to play much these days. I haven't even booted up the game rig since I finished Battletech a couple of weeks ago.

M&M X was a boring grind at the end and would actually have been a better game if it was shorter.

I am fairly sure I finished Grimrock 1 in considerably less than 30 hours ... :D

I rather judge the game after I play it than before. I like really long games like wasteland 2 and d:eek:s {1,2} but there are shorter games that are also good. While I wish it were longer I'll take quality over quantity any day of the week.

I swear Fargo said 12 hours. I'm looking everywhere for the video.

I swear Fargo said 12 hours. I'm looking everywhere for the video.

Just watched shacknews E3 video. InXile dude said 30 hour story. If it has difficulty levels, I will likely play on the hardest level so that should add a considerable amount of time, usually runs close to double. Plus this type of blobber lends itself to multiple replays with interesting parties. Certainly all Bard and all archmagi should be on the to do list

M&M X was a boring grind at the end and would actually have been a better game if it was shorter.
No way, I thought M&M X was too short.

FYI for people looking for citations, this is from a Destructoid article yesterday: "The final product will be around 30 hours long, though Rogers admits he might be underestimating that. " (Rogers = David Rogers, lead designer)

30 hours is good. Anything longer and it usually tends to drag on.

Thirty hours to me translates into probably at least forty, the way I play games. I tend to plod around and poke into just about everything.

Two videos for Bard's Tale IV.

How The Bard's Tale IV learned from Dark Souls

The Bard's Tale 4: 30 Minuten Gameplay

What a heap of junk SHT!! The rumormongering fonts are okay, then as you get closer to NPCs the fonts are getting smaller. When partying up the fonts get microscopic. HAHAHAHA, what a botched trainwreck of a game. :D The remasters can't come soon enough!!

That is certainly one perspective but I personally think the video makes the game look promising but it remains to be seen how the actual game turns out. I guess we each have our own opinion as is often the case.

What a heap of junk SHT!! The rumormongering fonts are okay, then as you get closer to NPCs the fonts are getting smaller. When partying up the fonts get microscopic. HAHAHAHA, what a botched trainwreck of a game. :D The remasters can't come soon enough!!

Hey, there we go! The opening scene and music that is nostalgic. I wonder if they saw my post. :)

That is certainly one perspective but I personally think the video makes the game look promising but it remains to be seen how the actual game turns out. I guess we each have our own opinion as is often the case.

What I wonder is how the guy is able to run so quickly through some of these areas… he seems to be lacking the healthy OCD of most of us poor gamers. :biggrin:

But yeah, the video looks promising to me.

I'm getting past the weird UI little by little. The rest of the game looks pretty decent - if a little "light" for my tastes.

I suspect if you play this game a 100 times a speed run might be quite possible in which you can run quickly through some of the areas :)

What I wonder is how the guy is able to run so quickly through some of these areas… he seems to be lacking the healthy OCD of most of us poor gamers. :biggrin:

But yeah, the video looks promising to me.

Back
Top Bottom