A new slash old Might & Magic game

Very cool. I was 13 in 83 and had a RadioShack Color Computer with extended 8K memory. I wrote a similar but more simplistic game in line code Basic that had to be loaded from cassette tape. I gave up when the game started to span 4+ cassettes and you had to constantly load a new area. Things sure have changed!

I was 13 as well but my mom wouldn´t let me have a computer so I had to do all my playing on the arcade game at the local fastfood place or at a friend who had a strange father who invested in very oversized computer system for the business he was running

Yeah these were very early days and relatively speaking computers were expensive as hell. I remember my first "girlfriend" if you could call it that had an Apple II. I didn't realize how crappy my TRS80 was until I tried her computer. Don't remember much about the girl just her Apple II!

speaking of dads and computers mine brought this home a few times from work so we could check it out. He forgot all the disks so all we could do was turn it on and look at the monochrome screen. Compaq "portable PC" circa 1983

compaq-portable.jpg

I'm more interested in this RL stuff brought out, it's like reading a historical thriller.
For example, what happened with the "strange father" later?

Back
Top Bottom