Witcher 3 Kicking the Habit with Witcher 3

The Witcher 3

Alaric

Watchdog
Original Sin Donor
I think now that the Witcher 3 is launching I am going to finally try to tackle crippling addiction that has lowered my enjoyment of many RPGs in mid to late game. Looting. I loot all. I search every barrel , chest and body and take everything I find to get crafting ingredients, things to sell at stores and often just to grab everything and sort it out later. I think it's time to try to be selective, and even ignore looting at times. Inventory management becomes such a chore in games. D:OS and DAI are two recent examples that come to mind.

It's Witcher, so I'll still need to get ingredients for potions, but I don't think I'm going to do any other type of crafting. I always end up with way more gold than I need, so selling stuff at stores shouldn't be a problem, it may even make economy slightly more interesting (though I doubt it). I think being careful with what I pick up may lead to a better role playing experience too.

How do other people handle this? How to you choose what to take and what to leave?

Bethesda taught me not to be that way a long time ago. :)

Just be realistic and role play. You wouldn't be trying to pick up every piece of junk if you were actually there.

yeah looting can really stymie progress. It starts to be the most impostant thing, like some sort of merchant simulator

I second JDR, how did you ever manage with Beth titles? Inv management has been the bane of my gaming existence which is why I welcome the direction PoE and co are taking.

Having played mountains of Diablo clones - you learn to ignore the junk :)

That said, I always start out looting most things, because you can't actually know what will be useful in a game unless you've played it for a while.

Since I always play on harder settings in games like TW3 - and I enjoy the scavenging gameplay, that doesn't bother me all that much.

But, I tend to end up ignoring most of the loot during the last half of a big game like TW3, but we'll see :)

Back
Top Bottom