RPGWatch - We Are Back

I had also changed my password after the backup date but for me the "forgot password" function worked without problem. By the way: How could you wait two days when the site is back only since yesterday?
I seem to remember seeing the site up and checking before this thread was made. Or maybe it's because of my time zone, I don't know. Is it really important to you?

I still haven't gotten the email, actually had to guess my old one, since I didn't keep it. I also sent an email in the last 24 hours, to staff. I figure they are just to busy atm.

I seem to remember seeing the site up and checking before this thread was made. Or maybe it's because of my time zone, I don't know. Is it really important to you?

I still haven't gotten the email, actually had to guess my old one, since I didn't keep it. I also sent an email in the last 24 hours, to staff. I figure they are just to busy atm.
I asked because I thought that you might have tried the password reset too early. May be you try again now ? (But you probably did that already...)

Your provider lists the email we sent out with the password reset as spam, as it bounces back to me with that info. I've tried using another non RPGWatch email account to send it, but that also bounced. Not sure what it is in the information that makes it list as spam by your provider.

I've had my password stolen from this site in the past, so now I use a unique one for the watch.

Really? And how did you find out?

I'm asking because late July or early August I was also sort of "hacked" for the first time in my 20 years online life.

What happened is that I got an e-mail thanking me for my Amazon.com review of a sex pillow... WTF? I usually only shop at Amazon.de and .uk and haven't had a need for a "sex pillow" -whatever the hell that may be- yet :biggrin: .

I usually would have deleted the mail as spam but it looked very real so I logged into my Amazon account (NOT by following a link from the e-mail, of course) and -sure enough- there was an actual review of a sex pillow under the 'My Account' settings. I deleted the review and changed my Amazon password immediately.

I was definitely wondering how someone could have gotten into my AMZ account and I was kind of thinking that maybe it had to do with the Windows 10 upgrade that I did that week because that was the only notable change at the time.
However, in light of the RPGWatch hack... hmmm... maybe my password was stolen from here(?) because my AMZ and RPGWatch password were the same at the time of that weird AMZ review.

Now, if one of the site admin's passwords was stolen as well that might explain how they got into the server and deleted everything including the backup, no? Are the RPGWatch forum passwords protected/encrypted/"salted" in any way?

Finally: Truth be told, I do/did not exactly have a high security password here on RPGWatch/AMZ. It is/was all lower case and only six letters long so maybe my AMZ account was simply brute-force hacked and there was no connection between the hacks at all.
What's strange though: Why only post a sex pillow review on a hijacked AMZ account? As a successful hacker, I would have ordered a couple phat TVs, phones and tablets instead :biggrin: .

you have to set your preferences again, as the tables were empty.
latest

Moriendor, I had a similar experience, with other accounts using the common password I had here. Also, a username showed up that copied my password at the same time. And it wasn't a predictable password…

Really? And how did you find out?

I'm asking because late July or early August I was also sort of "hacked" for the first time in my 20 years online life.

What happened is that I got an e-mail thanking me for my Amazon.com review of a sex pillow… WTF? I usually only shop at Amazon.de and .uk and haven't had a need for a "sex pillow" -whatever the hell that may be- yet :biggrin: .

I usually would have deleted the mail as spam but it looked very real so I logged into my Amazon account (NOT by following a link from the e-mail, of course) and -sure enough- there was an actual review of a sex pillow under the 'My Account' settings. I deleted the review and changed my Amazon password immediately.

I was definitely wondering how someone could have gotten into my AMZ account and I was kind of thinking that maybe it had to do with the Windows 10 upgrade that I did that week because that was the only notable change at the time.
However, in light of the RPGWatch hack… hmmm… maybe my password was stolen from here(?) because my AMZ and RPGWatch password were the same at the time of that weird AMZ review.

Now, if one of the site admin's passwords was stolen as well that might explain how they got into the server and deleted everything including the backup, no? Are the RPGWatch forum passwords protected/encrypted/"salted" in any way?

Finally: Truth be told, I do/did not exactly have a high security password here on RPGWatch/AMZ. It is/was all lower case and only six letters long so maybe my AMZ account was simply brute-force hacked and there was no connection between the hacks at all.
What's strange though: Why only post a sex pillow review on a hijacked AMZ account? As a successful hacker, I would have ordered a couple phat TVs, phones and tablets instead :biggrin: .

Well, I guess we got a hacker with a sense of humor?? :D

Leaked Source is always a good place to check if your accounts were hacked somewhere.
For the record. There are no log files to check, so I cannot say if we were hacked, or that it was just a glitch that corrupted the motherboard of our server.
Obviously, it is always a good idea to use a unique password per site.

What happened is that I got an e-mail thanking me for my Amazon.com review of a sex pillow… WTF? I usually only shop at Amazon.de and .uk and haven't had a need for a "sex pillow" -whatever the hell that may be- yet :biggrin: .

So how much did you rate it? :p

Is the RSS feed working for anybody ? It looks like it's down. Could someone check please ? I rely it.

I fixed that an hour ago

Thank you. Strangely, it does not update in Feedly (latest news is August 28). I'll try to investigate later.

Note that the rssfeeds are now on https:// and not on http:// anymore.

The missing articles are all back

Myrthos,

I received an e-mail from myrthos@rpgwatch.com (dated Aug-26), asking me the e-mail address I'm using on Larian Vault (something related to D:OS 2 fundraiser).

Can you confirm if this e-mail wasn't spam ? Have you received my reply ? After the issues with the site, will you need to resend this e-mail to the backers or this remained unnaffected by the issues?

That email wasn't spam. Yes, I have your information.

Back
Top Bottom