RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

That is correct, we are OK for this year. Thanks for offering :)

Dropping in to thank Arhu again for the genre-filtering implementation. Two months later and my RPGWatch frontpage experience feels like it did in the good old days.

Added an option to filter out the forums and disable the ones you don want to see anymore.
Some forums you can't disable, but most can, including the P&R forum
To use this feature go to your Control Panel (User CP) and at the right hand side in the section 'Settings & Options' select 'Edit Options'. Scroll all the way down and there you can find the option to disable forums or to enable them again.

I updated the page, thanks for asking.

Could you be persuaded to publish a Bitcoin wallet? I would like to contribute, but I don't deal with PayPal.

Thanks for all the hard work and RPGWatch!

When we click on a topic from a front page story, where there is no comment yet, we are taken to a near blank page and told we can't post unless we register or login. The problem seems to be, there is no login or register, on this blank page and I'm wondering is this intentional?

This forces us to either back up a pages, then find a story with comments already posted. Or back up to the front page then try to link to the main forums to login, then come back to the page and reload it just to see the article and make a comment.

Additionally, I must have an incorrect setting. I was logged out before finishing this comment and was told I had to log in again before being able to post it.

Good point.
We have started using the forums account, a few years ago, on the set of the RPGWatch pages as well, to enable some features. We didn't integrate the login functionality of the forums. I guess most people have cookies enabled and have them set to be kept logged in. It is however good to add the login option on all pages, to make things easier.

If you are logged out then your session is no longer valid. This can be because you do not have cookies enabled or that you did not enable the check box, right of the password box, or that your IP address changed.

Thanks for the tips.

I did notice a change, one of the new stories this week, actually let me login from the 'no comments yet' page. I just tried to post a comment on The Surge and got the 'no comments yet' page and no login option.

Thanks again for all the work and great RPG site!

Hey would you consider, darkening your Gold Stars? I might be the only one using the Dark RPGWatch page but the color (no matter what color you choose) of the Review Stars isn't dark enough. It makes it really difficult to determine how many Stars are or are not given for the rating.

I guess we could do that

Is it much of an effort to combine these two threads?

The ordering depends on your settings. You can change how threads are displayed by configuring them in your control panel.
If you are not logged in, it uses the default configuration.

That said, I checked and General RPG is by default configured to be displayed in descending order, like it should.

Historians ? ;)

Once upon a time we had a wiki at RPGWatch. That time was 2006/2007. During the time it was filled with information about Gothic 3.
It was taken off-line as a security measure at the time, but the database with the information has always been kept.
I have revived that wiki again and the information as it was is still available, which means next to the wiki information, there is some Gothic 3 data.

I don't know if there is any interest in storing information in the wiki for games, but if there is then there is an option available now to do that.
it is at least easier to find than on the forums I would think.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes I assume. The wiki can be accessed here:
https://www.rpgwatch.com/wakka
This link is also accessible via the Database menu option at the top bar of every page.

The homepage, provides some guidance to using the wiki..

Access is arranged as follows:
- Everybody that is not banned should be able to view the wiki (even if you are not registered)
- Adding and editing is only allowed for registered users with at least 50 posts.

The same Terms of Service that we use on this forum is applicable.

What is missing is an option to upload images. If there is enough interest in the Wiki, I will work on that.

Why some news vanish from that area after refreshing the page?

Yy86nVU.jpg

Back
Top Bottom