RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We will keep you informed of the non-forum related updates we make to RPGWatch in this thread. If you have any suggestion for the non-forum pages or want to make us aware of a (potential) problem, let us know too.

To start with, RSS feeds are available now. Check the news menu at the top for the link.

Last edited:
I posted a request to get it added to GameTab

I just put the MMOWatch feed into my MMO feed section. Are you going to eventually use the MMOWatch.com domain as well?

Right now I have your feed coming in like this:

GW Nightfall - Preview @ Boomtown on MMOWatch

Some hands-on impressions of Guild Wars: Factions are up at Boomtown:So here we are again, logging on for God knows which time, this time preparing to get into the next chapter of the saga, Nightfall. The title screen now has a sort of African-Arabian from-the-desert-to-the-seas thing going, and as usual, Jeremy Soule's music fits the mood....

via RPGWatch

I could change it to "...on RPGWatch" or "via MMOWatch" let me know if you have a preference.

That domain was not for sale. So we probably use something like mmo.rpgwatch.com taking you directly to the MMOWatch section.
I have no preference as to what you use. The link of the newsbit will show in all sections and any skin.

Ok, I'll keep it as it is, mentioning both MMOWatch and RPGWatch.

I don't know if this is the right place to suggest this but here goes anyway:

One of the features I really enjoyed on RPGDot was the little "new item" icon that indicated what news topics had been posted since the last time I visited. Are there any plans to implement that feature on RPGWatch as well?

In the general forum view there are the indicator icons:
Forum Contains New Posts
Forum Contains No New Posts
Forum is Closed for Posting

And, if you go to the Forums menu, there is a 'new posts' option. It is your friend ;)

He's talking about the newsitems on the front page, not the forums. :) Should be possible.

On RPGDot the forum login was also used on the news page. In that way it was possible to detect new newsbits since your last visit.
This is not the case on RPGWatch at the moment. Maybe we'll add it in the future when we enable other features for our logged-in visitors as well.

Are the game types going to be added to the news bits? I found these helpful whenever a new or obscure/indie game got posted, especially when it was a long time between news items.

If so I'd also like to see CRPG's categorized in Traditional, Action, and Console styles. Like KotOR would be a Console style in spite of also being a PC game. Hmm..a platform icon might also be useful if at all possible so we know what it can run on.

I know its often not easy to categorize many games these days, especially as many games are blending elements of each other.

Most of that information is listed to the right hand side of the newsbit. We had to enter some games rather quickly in the last week, so not all entries might be shown at the moment though.
The platform the newsbit is about is also shown. If the game is available on multiple platforms the box at the right hand side will show for what platform or platforms, the newsbit is made.

I can't submit news, although I think it's pretty intriguing that the Witcher's teaser video is out! Check the latest the Witcher thread for details, it's gonna blow your minds away!

I can't submit news, although I think it's pretty intriguing that the Witcher's teaser video is out! Check the latest the Witcher thread for details, it's gonna blow your minds away!

Just start a RPG General thread on the Witcher.

The Submit News Feature isn't active yet. In the meantime, just PM the details to Dhruin or one of the other editors, and we'll see it gets posted.

Is there a possibility to tell Opera automatically to reload all pages by request?

Could you place a login-formular on frontpage?

The 'Submit news' link is working now.

The 'Submit news' link is working now.

Great. However, I don't seem to be able to comment on newsbits now. This is what I get when I click on the "Comments (0)" hyperlink:

vBulletin Message
Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Last edited:
Odd... Don't know why that doesn't work anymore, but it's fixed.

Fixed.. I think it was my fault. :embarassed:

I was just about to edit my previous post saying it must have been a temporary phenomenon only 'cause now it's working again.
Anyway, thanks for the fix! ;)

Back
Top Bottom