Watch in trouble?

lostforever

SasqWatch
Couchpotato seems to have a new site and new forum.
Fluent wants his own google+ community.

What's going on? Do someone want to go their separate ways since they don't agree with the some other people stance and opinions?

Yeah, the end is nigh.

I'm just pissed I didn't get an invite. I must be in the doghouse.

Ripper, you (and everyone else, for that matter) are more than welcome to join my Google+ community. ^^

(I'm a social media newb and can barely navigate Google+, but I try :biggrin:)

It's just a little RPG community on Google+. So far there's been some news posted, a few videos, various artwork and desktop wallpapers and things like that. :)

So, come on over and join the fun! (But don't look at it like Google+ community vs. RPGWatch. That's just silly.)

There is certainly enough space for more RPG sites out there, but I'm very happy with this. It didn't fall into the trap of sticking to just one RPG type (like d&d based sorcerers.net) nor it undermined itself with MMO and inferior designs games (consoles/phones).

If it ever dies, I'll probably just move to NMA.

Yeah, the end is nigh.

If you say all is well then I am happy but I have seen some heated debates around here lately and then all of sudden people have their own sites and whats not so was bit worried as I like this place and don't want it split up etc :)

I don't foresee this site getting split up. I can't speak for Couch, but I expect he will continue posting news here, in my community and on his private forum.

For myself, I will continue to write articles for the 'Watch, but perhaps save the videos I make for my Google+ community. I haven't fully decided that yet. But I still plan on contributing here, of course.

I don't think anything is really changing on my end.

Personally, I'm just experimenting in ways to use social media to attract RPG fans. I think my Google+ community will benefit the 'Watch in the long run as well, as I hope to send members from my community over here as well. ^^

So really, it's just "the more, the merrier", for me. :)

Couchpotato seems to have a new site and new forum.
Fluent wants his own google+ community.

What's going on? Do someone want to go their separate ways since they don't agree with the some other people stance and opinions?
No the the end is not coming as Myrthos joked about above.

I just started my own little forum to talk about different topics with other people. Your all invited to join if you want. I will still be posting news, and articles on this site for now.:)

Can't help thinking that the young turks are getting hacked off with taking flak from the old farts...

Can't help thinking that the young turks are getting hacked off with taking flak from the old farts…
Well I wont deny that as we all have different opinions on how the site should move forward. Still I'm not going anywhere yet just trying something new on the side.^^

Do you know if the data from that forum service can be exported to regular forum software? I've seen people burned that way, and if your forum is a success, you will almost certainly want to migrate at some point.

Yes Ripper there are ways to export data from the board though the service provider doesn't like when you do it. It just takes a little time, and effort to do so.

The other option is to pay a small one time fee to the provider to get the data.

Splitting forces of an already niche group is not a good idea (we have only 450 users with more than 100 post since 2006).

I like RPGWatch as an
  • independent,
  • mature,
  • non-commercial niche site
  • made by volunteers.
With a focus on
  • CRPGs and games with some CRPG elements
  • PC-platform
  • singleplayer games
  • CRPG news

We all have interests in the same genre, but of course we have different opinions about games or news posts.
Linking to other private sites by some users/staff gives the impression to new users that the community is already divided. Which IMHO is not good for the goal to lure new users to the Watch.
And please stay with RPGWatch as a site for hobbyists. Going too big and commercial was the begin of the end of RPGDot.com.
Don't make a job out of your hobby. Because then your hobby will become just another job.

Excuse me Mr. Hidden X, but if people look at it as "A House Divided DLC", that's their problem, not mine. I have made it clear I plan on staying with the 'Watch as I love it here, but I'm trying new things, just like Couchpotato is.

I'll admit, I have dreams of having my own site, I always have, since many years ago as being a musician and wanting to promote my music. Perhaps when I raise enough funds to do that, I will. But that doesn't mean it's "FLUENT vs. RPGWatch", and that will never be the case. ^^

It's about sharing my passion with as many people as possible, and using new avenues to spread the good word of PC RPG gaming, something which I think everyone here can get on board with. :)

Watchers, Codex is more than willing to accept you into our generous fold(s).

You should perhaps replace that d with an k ?

I like RPGWatch as an...
In my case, independent and non-commercial makes it top site. I may not agree with everything or with the majority, but at least I know their opinions were not sold.

No thank you. When I need do do some heavy trolling I'm on EA, Ubi and other official game sites, when I need raging and ragequiting, League of Legends is unbeatable.

i guess i missed some major drama? should i scan thru P&R?

Nah - it was just a flap in the thread about paid mods

Hidden x makes a valid point - more RPG sites is not necessarily a good thing, as dilution is surely a factor. I wouldn't worry though, as I don't think the conditions are in place to drive a significant migration from the Watch.

Back
Top Bottom