Gothic REGoth - OpenSource-Reimplementation of the zEngine

Kostas

Dormant Watcher
I'm opening this thread to report this here cause for whatever reason it wasn't posted as a newsbit, after my forward a few weeks ago, and I thought people here would generally be interested.

Basically, Degenerated, the guy behind the D3D11 Renderer for Gothic 2, is attempting to create an open-source implementation of the engine used for the first 2 Gothics. As all open-source projects of such nature, it's very ambitious and unlikely to be fully completed (anytime soon).

Still, it's already at a pretty impressive stage.
Here's a Youtube video of his current progress (I've forgotten how to embed).

Here's the WoG home of the project.

Oh man, you should definitely inform the non-German-speaking Gothic fans about interesting things that pop up in WoG's Editing subforum from time to time. I feel there's about 5 years of difference between the English-speaking fan's perception of the modding scene and it's actual level.

In the meantime, there seems to have been some progress regarding script execution and Mud.

You haven't heard? This site has gone from european rpg's to jrpg's.

Yes, Gothic = phone game ergo it's crap. Well that's going to put the cat among the pigeons.

Here's some great news especially for joxer. Gothic now runs on phones! :biggrin:

Really.

Controls:
Lower-left of the screen: Move
Lower-right of the screen: Turn
Upper half of the screen: Action

Actions are applied to the nearest entity, which can be:
- Talking to an NPC (UI is *very* tiny, but works)
- Picking up items (Will be listed on the left side of the screen)
- Using a Mob (Only first animations will be played, player will not be positioned rightly)
- If nothing is near, an item of the inventory is used (Equipping items works)

Look man, if with one foot in the grave somehow today I finally realize I'm a masochist, instead of a phone I'd rather go for this:
Eliza-Dushku-domina.jpg

Necro-ing my own thread but it seemed most fitting.

This project seems to have badly stagnated but instead a different one called OpenGothic seems to be developing nicely https://github.com/Try/OpenGothic

Maybe at some point there'll be an Android or a Switch version

Back
Top Bottom