Age of Wonders 3 - Free on Humble Bundle

Just for clarification it's the base game only. You still have to buy the expansions.

I grabbed it even though I wasn't a fan of the older games. They were a little slow-paced for my liking, but I figured I'll give this a try anyways.

I picked it up as well, the price was right, I never did play the second game, only the original some years ago. I'll try it out at some point and if it really draws me in I'll likely pick up the expansions as well.

I liked age of wonders 2 series more than 3…. but i never played 3's expansions.
They are necessary as some races got cut out of the base game on release.

yeah I picked this up as well..

Wow... surprised how many people haven't played 3. If you like TB games and combat, it's hard not to like this one. Whether it's better than 2 is a personal preference but either way, it's a game worth playing.

What personal preference. 3 is trash. Rush cannons then pwn the map.
My suggestion if someone is interested in this franchise but never tried, buy 1 and 2 somewhere, skip 3. Yes, it's free, but still.

What personal preference. 3 is trash. Rush cannons then pwn the map.
My suggestion if someone is interested in this franchise but never tried, buy 1 and 2 somewhere, skip 3. Yes, it's free, but still.

Sorry, when I said personal preference I guess I was referring to adults who give things some degree of critical thought and don't winge like a 12 year old about things they don't like, not appreciating that the design of any type of product has a high degree of subjectivity.

Personally enjoyed every Age of Wonder game. Just hate how the evil ending is always a tragedy. Guess the developers prefer you get the happy you save everyone ending.

Planetfall should be released in a few months and I look forward to playing that also.

Sorry, when I said personal preference I guess I was referring to adults who give things some degree of critical thought and don't winge like a 12 year old about things they don't like, not appreciating that the design of any type of product has a high degree of subjectivity.

Well you're getting thumb up for that post from me but only because this thread is about Age of Wonders and I, somehow, misread the title and criticized plus suggested about Age of Empires series and it's third sequel which is off topic. :D
Sorry about that.

Well you'll ge getting thumb up for that post but only because this is about Age of Wonders and I, somehow, misread the title - my post and suggestion is about Age of Empires series.
Sorry about that.
Well thought you would like to know a new Age of Empires is getting released.:p

Link - https://www.pcgamer.com/age-of-empires-4-everything-we-know/

Can't say I'm excited as it's a different developer and a window store exclusive. It's Relic the developer of the Dawn of War games so it might have a chance to be good.

Fingers crossed they don't release another DoW III failure.:fingerscrossed:

You know my thoughts on remakes/reboots/rereleases and of course, milking through phone ports:
No hairworks? No buy.

Okay, the reason I refused with disgust to buy Chrono Trigger on Steam wasn't really that, but… Close.

I picked it up as well, the price was right, I never did play the second game, only the original some years ago. I'll try it out at some point and if it really draws me in I'll likely pick up the expansions as well.

I don't know if that makes you lucky or unlucky, lol. Unlucky in that you never got round to playing Shadow Magic or lucky in that you still have that game available to you as a new experience.

Shadow Magic is to Age of Wonders as Heroes of Might and Magic III is to the HoMM series. I played all three of these titles a few years back, I, II and Shadow Magic & while both I and II were good games, SM had that little something extra, that little extra element of imagination which took the series from competent but a bit one note to something with a full chorus of backing singers and some distortion peddles.

I kind of envy you because I completely wore it out when I played it, delved into every nook and cranny it had & as a result I will probably need a couple of decades of memory loss to approach it with the same level of enthusiasm as I did the first time. I'd turn my nose up at any list of best PC games of the 00s that didn't include it prominently.

Well you're getting thumb up for that post from me but only because this thread is about Age of Wonders and I, somehow, misread the title and criticized plus suggested about Age of Empires series and it's third sequel which is off topic. :D
Sorry about that.

Lol... ok, well then you're definitely not 12 because that kind of brain cramp only happens to the 40+ crowd! :biggrin:

Unfortunately I dread the paradox gazillion dlc model with planetfall.

Personally enjoyed every Age of Wonder game. Just hate how the evil ending is always a tragedy. Guess the developers prefer you get the happy you save everyone ending.

Planetfall should be released in a few months and I look forward to playing that also.

Guys, you can get both the expansions for about 12 american through humble bundle now...

Back
Top Bottom