Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup - Page 20 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

July 22nd, 2019, 15:36
Don't worry. There are plenty of options to adapt UI/HUD to your preferences:
https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/cyberpun…ings-optional/
When asked specifically about "damage numbers flying on the enemies heads", and whether or not players can turn this feature off, Momot said: "We are planning on allowing players to turn off/on a lot of the HUD elements."
Additionally however, there is a certain IMO highly questionable design choice. Choices to be precise.
https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/…fficulty-no-ui
Cyberpunk 2077 hardcore difficulty setting will disable the game’s UI
Means, when JDR plays the game for the first time, because he can't play games on normal difficulty but only on hardest, nothing will be "telegraphed" on screen.

I believe it's an awsome idea to disable *all* onscreen elements in "iron mode", but there is something else that makes it irrelevant.
Mushrooms emulation.
While the hardcore setting is obviously aimed at dedicated players, CD Projekt Red is also thinking about novices and players not used to first-person shooters. Many players will likely be coming from the Witcher series after all, which is anything but an FPS. On this, Liu confirmed that the game would also have difficulty options for those players, on top of the hardcore mode. He even pointed to the “smart gun” from a previous demo of the game as something that players who’re not used to aiming in first-person can use.
This smart gun is nothing but digital autoaiming mushrooms.
So you start the game, go "iron mode", watch some boring TV show, wash dishes, clean the floors, dig a new well… and the game plays by itself through emulated mushrooms killing everything - yay, you got yourself the most important "iron mode" achievement in a game you basically didn't play at all.

As the game is still in development this will most probably change as having an autoaim weapon within hardest difficulty sounds ridiculous, right?
So I'm not gonna add it to the bs thread. Unless it remains in the release version…
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)

July 26th, 2019, 09:06
I really hope they make the hardest mode meaningful this time.

It took Bethsoft forever to figure out how not to do it - and here's hoping CDPR doesn't take as long. The UI thing could be great - but it all depends on whether or not the design has been planned around that option.

Because if the game was designed with the UI in mind, then simply taking it away will more than likely just be pointless frustration.

However, if they've considered it from the start - and implemented "natural" ways to observe what you need to observe - and find your way around, etc. - it could be magnificent.

I don't think I've ever seen a developer go that far, though - so I remain sceptical the game will have a proper difficulty for my tastes.

That's alright, though. Few open world games get balance and difficulty right. As long as it's moddable - it should be cool.

TmpDArt

Mentioned: Post(s)

July 26th, 2019, 10:18
So called hardest mode only 0.000001% of people will play and a few percentages will cheat to get the most important achievement.
I really hope it gets removed on the release.

There is no need to have a rainbow of difficulty modes in any RPG. Normal needs to be challenging, easy needs always active mysterious stranger perk (Fallout) and that's it.
NonRPGs that have nothing but style need the difficulty rubbish spikes to cover for lack of substance. Okay, nonRPGs and the new plague, some RPGs that have nothing but silly combat or random generator inside.

As for the balance, I get smallpox when I hear that word used by developers in singleplayer games.
It's awsome not to have dumpstats in a videogame, sure. But it's also fun to discover something is OP, easily pwn previously hard to beat boss then share it on RPGwatch.

First and foremost a videogame needs to be fun. If it's not fun, no balance and no difficulty mode will save it. In fact IMO these two can ruin fun.

But before anyone gets a wrong idea - I'd rather see development budget money wasted on balancing/difficulties than on random generators and repetition/grind/busywork. Between several evils, of course I'll appreciate lesser ones.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

July 26th, 2019, 11:03
That's the problem with modern games, joxer.

The lack of proper balance means you don't discover something is OP - it's served right up to you and you don't have to think about it.

I love discovering OP builds - but it needs to take some effort, or it becomes meaningless.

Balance doesn't mean nothing works well

Of course, one needs to keep in mind that it's very, very hard indeed to create a good balance for huge open world games, especially when mechanics and progression are both aiming for something other than shallow.

Even harder when you're aiming for the mainstream - and you want to keep them all happy.

That's close to impossible.

Now, personally, I would actually prefer having a single difficulty - based on the vision of the lead designer.

But that doesn't work in games like CP2077 or, say, Skyrim. Because they can't really afford to focus on a single unified vision.

Well, it would certainly be a huge risk not to appeal to the masses through having multiple difficulty levels.

So, I don't blame CDPR or Bethsoft for having weak ass balance and relatively shallow mechanics.

Again, as long as I can mod the games - I'll find something that's right for me.

Incidentally, I recently played W3 with the W3EE mod - and it was night and day.

So, so much better in terms of gameplay and meaningful progression.

TmpDArt

July 26th, 2019, 11:40
Originally Posted by TmpDArt View Post
Skyrim
Skyrim is a game where you get every possible skill to max, head all possible guilds and yet you can't go Fable spousing in every town but can marry only once (at a time).
And it has no story.
Now in that game thousands of difficulty modes are required as there is nothing else that can make the game more interesting. Officially. Unofficiall there are mods to fix lack of fun (and remove everspawning counters grind horrors).

CP2077 is supposed to be a completely different game, starting with no loadscreens on every single cave entrance.

Maybe you should try with another example.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

July 26th, 2019, 11:48
I can't think of a make-joxer-actually-use-his-brain example.

Maybe you can help?

TmpDArt

July 26th, 2019, 11:54
Not really no. I don't use pills chems and you need something stronger than pot.

Moral of the story you seem to miss. CP2077 won't be Destiny clone. It also won't be any EA milking scheme. If it does get some mmo mode, it'll be content sold separately instead of being enforced on a buyer who doesn't want it.
Everything else, in this year and the next one, about any upcoming game, is pretty much irrelevant to discuss about. Balance, difficulties, stories, combat, visuals, music, name it. All of low importance as it doesn't (try to) manipulate you by any means.
Buzz creating is a sort of manipulation, sure, but it's needed for feedback and in the end you won't feel doomsday will happen if you don't pay for some bullshit.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

July 26th, 2019, 11:55
If only your opinion about what was relevant made sense and was something I was sufficiently invested in to change my mind

TmpDArt

July 26th, 2019, 12:03
It's all about tastes. And when tastes get dangerously close, stubborness takes the lead.
Thus we won't agree even in cases where objectively we should. Want an example?
Forbrydelsen is 10/10. Was, is and will remain.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

July 26th, 2019, 12:12
We won't even agree that there's such a thing as "objectively should"

Forbrydelsen is around 7.5/10 - mostly because of supreme execution. The writing and plot was middling and overly convoluted.

That's about as objective as I can get.

That said, I do remember it helped tremendously in getting over a bad break-up.

Incidentally, so did Broen.

Maybe I should give them more credit

Broen is 8.5/10, though.

TmpDArt

August 1st, 2019, 19:04
https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-…onship-system/
Deep relationship system, you can befriend a lot of NPC’s. You can also become more than a friend to them, having multiple relationships all at once is also possible. Of course not every NPC will have the same sexual orientation as you, so if you wanna bang them…. might need to try in a different playthrough.
Well, damn. I bet the second mod will unlock everyone (first mod being nude mod).

Also, no word on possibility of more than 2 in one bed… *sigh*
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup