What games are you playing now?

I'm currently not playing anything... new. Just messing around with my historical usuals. I've no doubt I'll be in the mood for something new at some point, but as you can probably tell from my current general absence I'm in a break-zone. I don't know what my next game will be, but I'm looking forward to it, whatever it will be.

Ultima IV

For the past 3 weeks I have been searching for something that I want to play and failing miserably until yesterday. In my GOG library is a copy of Ultima IV which I have never played.

So I am in Game Prep Mode. I found a good "Beginner's Guide" by action52 which was written in 2006. It prepares you for what is to come. So I have downloaded the Lore Book and Reference Card to my Tablet. I have printed out the "cloth" map (need to replace the ink cartridges the sea is pink). I have plenty of paper and pens for notes. I have listened to a 28 year old Richard Garriott explaining what he was trying to achieve - which was interesting.

Next step is read the Lorebook and away we go.

Loaded up Doom 3 last night and have been plowing through. Still looks and plays great a decade later ... honestly better than I remember or expected.

I am playing some first person shooters lately, right now, Shadow Warrior (2013)
and Metro 2033 redux. Shadow Warrior is a fantastic game with amazing sword play and a great Oriental-eastern type atmosphere and setting.

Metro 2033 is decent, with atmosphere in spades, but I don't like the game's rigid story structure, there is one path to go, and each level is too much story driven. I would like more freedom in the game.

Picked up Saboteur on Origin...really nice surprise...bit clumsy when it comes to mechanics, but makes up for it in atmosphere, characters and plain Nazi ass kicking fun.

I am playing Drakensang at the moment, a bit more than half-completed with the game according to someone who has been watching me play. I've actually recorded 15 live streams of the game thus far furthering my progress. Unfortunately, I didn't start the live streaming at the very beginning of the game, but rather started it some 40 hours deep into the playthrough already! For the River of Time playthrough I will start at the beginning.

But as for Drakensang, it's a smashing RPG title. Really love the tactical and tense combat, especially in boss encounters and tougher encounters in the game. I love that there are plenty of recruitable characters, so the game feels quite epic and you truly feel your power and party grow as you develop them. The character development is off the charts as well with completely free-flowing development that lets you express yourself in many creative ways. It's just a joy to play right now and I'm digging it a lot, much more than I expected going in. It truly is up with Baldur's Gate and Temple of Elemental Evil in terms of all-time great party-based RPGs, at least for me. :)

Playing Crusader Kings 2 with the Game of Thrones mod. The goal of my playthrough is playing as a lost descendant of the Reynes bent on a path of revenge against the Lannisters for the Rains of Castamere.

Got bored/frustration with mission fails on GTA: Vice City Stories on PS Vita (the analog sticks are better for some things, worse for others, than the PSP) ...and finally quit!

Started Skyrim - haven't played in years, had actually forgotten the opening, so it was like 'oh yeah, this!' :)

I thought you ebayed that garbage years ago. :p

haha - no, I had sold off the PSP-1000, PSP-2000 and PSP-3000 a while ago, keeping the PSP Go until I grabbed the PS Vita last year when the 'slim' version came with Borderlands 2 pack-in game. It isn't bad in general, it is sort of my connection to the console world - like the Nintendo handhelds I've had since 1989 (but no interest in 3DS).

I'm currently finishing my first run of Pillars of Eternity.
I'm also playing Nier (PS3) or Steins;Gate (PS Vita [1]) from time to time.

[1] I support you txa1265, the PS Vita is a great console, even if nobody (especially Sony) seems to believe in it!

unepic

i dont usually play/like platformers but this game is fucking awesome :D

For the past week or so Ive had the classic Everquest itch, so Ive been running around Butcherblock Mountains killing scarabs with my lvl 3 dwarf cleric on Project 1999

Between slowly having my first crack at the triple crown on Pillars of Eternity, I'm also testing out some Project Brazil on New Vegas and getting lost in the wonderful world of MAME checking out ol' classics. Current gaming splurge will end though, with work again on the horizon.

Heroes of Might & Magic 2, and Might & Magic Heroes 7. Strange combination I know. I was playing HoMM2 on a run to play 2, 3 and 5 (already finished 6 a couple of weeks ago) when 7 was released. Then I strated playing 7 but decided to pause until the first patch, so back to 2.

Currently replaying Dragon Age Inquisition, mostly to visit all the maps I barely visited previously.

I'm mostly doing that because I'm waiting for Divinity OS EE to release so I can replay that game.

Heroes of Might & Magic 2, and Might & Magic Heroes 7. Strange combination I know. I was playing HoMM2 on a run to play 2, 3 and 5 (already finished 6 a couple of weeks ago) when 7 was released. Then I strated playing 7 but decided to pause until the first patch, so back to 2.

Huh, weird, I've been playing HoMM 3. I still prefer the HoMM2 graphics.

Playing a game called Labyronia, and having fun with it. It looks like a Japanese rpg, so not my favourite style, but I do enjoy the tactical combat and the fact that it is actually a rpg. Bought the second game at the same time during a sale, so that will most likely be next up for me once I finish this one.

Back
Top Bottom