Hero-U - Post-Funding Update #47

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
In the latest kickstarter update for Hero-U Corey Cole wishes you A Hero-U Holiday.

A Hero-U Holiday

Lori and I wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Joyous Solstice, Happy New Year, and any other seasonal holidays you may prefer to celebrate.

Lori and I sing carols with a local chorus every Winter, so we were inspired to write a little parody very loosely based on one of the Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption events. Not willing to leave well enough alone, we recruited backer (and professional opera singer) Maus Merryjest to sing our silliness, then Lori put together a video with some of the preliminary game art and more than a few Kristmas Kwirks. I did the narration. Please share it with your friends.

Physical Goods Delay

I just heard back from the company that was going to distribute our physical goods. Apparently they've had some family issues and will be unable to fulfill the orders, so we need to scramble again to find a distributor. As a result, the toy meeps, t-shirts, and baseball caps that were supposed to go out last month will take a few more weeks. The designs and mailing list are done; we just need to find someone who can box up over 1,000 items and mail them for us.

Art Update

Concept Art House continues to amaze us with the speed and quality of their work. Our in-house team continues to work on the locations, furnishings, and other items. Eric and Paul have done a great job on painting fantasy versions of our Yearbook backers. We are adding Chris Willis as a 3D artist specializing in environments. Chris worked on King's Quest VI and VII, Space Quest, SWAT, and many other games, at Sierra. Chris also contributed art to Fallout, Asheron's Call, and Dungeon Siege 3. He's a terrific artist and we are thrilled to have him on the team.
More information.

Hero-U is one of the most artsy Kickstarter projects that doesn't shape up to be a huge failure as a game. Kudos.

Back
Top Bottom