Best:
1. Troubleshooter
2. Wasteland 3
3. Cyberpunk 2077

Most excited for:
1. Elex 2
2. Atomic Heart
3. Baldurs Gate 3

Well, with my re-jiggering, now Wizardry came in third position. Most anticipated for me are Knights of the Chalice two, Geneforge, and Elex two. Baldur's Gate three I'm very hopeful for, but I'm setting my expectations quite low, as I wasn't too pleased with the last offering from Larian's studio.

Is it allowed to vote for games you haven't played but are just excited about? I actually see nothing in the rules about that :)

Is it allowed to vote for games you haven't played but are just excited about? I actually see nothing in the rules about that :)

I've done that before over the years, if I see a game I know I'll play one day but haven't as yet and there's nothing else to vote for, yes.

In terms of rules, no-one would ever know, so it would be unenforceable anyway.

We have some punishments available:

Clearly I need to put Troubleshooter towards the front of the queue.

Best:
1. Wasteland 3
2. AC: Valhalla
3. Hades

Most excited for:
1. Biomutant
2. Pathfinder: WotR
3. Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2

Voted these 3 games as "best" games, but found neither of them actually great. All of them have massive flaws and in a 100% score system they'd likely be low 80% values max.

1. Wasteland 3
2. Cyberpunk 2077
3. The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Now the upcoming games are a completely different story. I think these games have huge potential.

1. Urban Strife
2. Encased
3. Geneforge 1 - Mutagen

And if I had more votes I would also have voted for
Colony Ship

Genforge 1 release is set. About all the other ones I actually doubt a release this year though.

2020 GotY

1. CP2077
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
3 Troubleshooter

2021 Anticipated

1. Baldur's Gate 3
2. Solasta
3. Pathfinder WortR

I couldn't make especial mentions, but especial mention to WL3, to me it deserves a tie for #3 but only could vote 3 options. Also anticipating Colony Ship a lot, but the three I named are just unmissable in my book.

Best Game: Horizon Zero Dawn.

Most anticipated: Elex 2.

Places 2 and 3: I filled something in but I am not really confident they deserve it.

I haven't played anything released in 2020 as none of it really appealed much to me (maybe I'll get WL3 on sale eventually) so only voted for most anticipated games.

There's a lot of upcoming RPGs I'm interested in: Realms Beyond, Colony Ship, Broken Road, Mechajammer, Sacred Fire, Solasta, Pathfinder, Encased, etc. I don't know whether many of those will actually come out this year though. The Realms Beyond developers are searching for a publisher / investor as they're currently only working on the game part time.

GOTY 2020:
  1. Cyberpunk 2077
  2. Wasteland 3
  3. AC: Valhalla
From the few games I've played I only feel that CP77 has deserved special recognition. I still decided not to leave the spots empty but to vote for WL3 (which wasn't more than mediocre for me) and AC:Walhalla (which is quite beautiful but has a lot of flaws) because it's a vote for the best games of 2020. And thus they somehow have their rightful place here even if they're in no way outstanding.

Most anticipated 2021:
  1. Baldur's Gate 3
  2. Pathfinder: WotR
  3. Elex 2
Two tough decisions here: I'm really looking forward to BG3 and P:WotR and it's difficult to decide. They're both my favourite subgenre with my prefered ruleset, but it looks like for both games there have been design decisions made that I don't like. So I'm not hyped and I'm anticipating both about equally.
The other tough decision was not to include Black Geyser and Realms Beyond in this list. If alle these games will actually be released this year (which is to doubt), it'll be a hell of a year for RPGs.

Poll is missing ACS the most complex and autistic rpg released his year . As for the game looking foward poll in 2021 you can remove realms beyond, no update since 6 months except one line in discord recently , they have no publisher still. So they are "working on it on their spare time" . There's no way we are getting this any time soon, better consider it's vaporware now.

Shame about realms beyond, but not surprised given the Ip's past record.:(

Two failed developers under a different name, one lawsuit, and so on.

Shame about realms beyond, but not surprised given the Ip's past record.:(

Two failed developers under a different name, one lawsuit, and so on.

Yes but last time it was not their fault they told us it was the evil publisher fault who does not want to release quality products...I bet any potential publisher is phoning to their previous employer , who will certainly tell many good things , there's no way anyone will take the risk anymore .

I'm glad to see Horizon Zero Dawn getting some mentions here. I know some people consider it ineligible since it was previously released on a console, but it really was one of the best games on PC in 2020.

Poll is missing ACS the most complex and autistic rpg released his year .
It isn't missing, it just isn't on the list. Just as a load of other games are not on the list. That's why we refer to it as a short list :)

I'm glad to see Horizon Zero Dawn getting some mentions here. I know some people consider it ineligible since it was previously released on a console, but it really was one of the best games on PC in 2020.
Didn't manage to play it in 2020. My gut feeling is that it would have been my second place after CP77.

Back
Top Bottom