What games are you playing now?

I hated those other world things and puzzles.

They made me quit the game :O

I loved the game otherwise, which is why I decided to play Wrsth of the Righteous, which I'm enjoying more than Kingmaker as it doesn't have those things. At least not yet.

The only puzzles of that kind I've seen were optional.

Just saying this in case you do give up on Kingmaker, my opinion of the sequel, for whatever that's worth to you, is that it's a better game.

I'm thinking of getting back to GW as well but I keep forgetting my password

I used to love Pokemon - played blue/red/yellow to ruby/sapphire but I somehow stopped enjoying the series :/ I feel that the system got too complicated & too many different types of pokemon.
I stopped liking Pokemon when they changed the entire premise of the show.
The originals were very much about there being only 150 pokemons in the world, and they were may a few legendary ones.

Then when they showed them all, all of a sudden new ones existed. To me that cheapened the entire show and games and I never went back

Playing SCUM after my mini break. It isn't rpg, but a survival game with puppets (zombies). Metabolism is a big deal in the game, so it makes it a little different than others. Also, the map is massive and you'll find several types of vehicles to navigate it.

Finished SH:The Awakened. Guide was compulsory - I'd forgotten how random Adventure games can be! Combine macrame pot holder with anvil <_<, really, to flip a god damn light switch?!
Anyway, moving on to Still Life, and then if I have time before the end of the month, Still Life 2.

After not really playing much other than various demos the last few weeks, I picked up where I left off in ToEE awhile back. My party is level 11 and I'm currently in the elemental nodes. Will probably finish it tonight or tomorrow.

I'm still playing Foreverhome, the reunion last week seriously cut into both my reading and gaming time, so I've plenty to catch up on! To date I've played this game for slightly over forty hours, having paid a pittance for it I've certainly won out in that respect. It's a sprawling game for an rpg-maker, no idea how close I am to finishing it, yet I've enjoyed every single moment that I've played.

Currently playing Divinity Original Sins 2. I've heard of the game during its launch but unable to get it until now. For some reason it reminds me of Dragon Age Origins (which is one of my most favorite RPGs of all time), probably due to the strategic team control.
I'm still at the beginning of the game and it's already a blast for me when I realize that there are so many creative ways to get pass a level. I can already feel this may be my new top RPG games.

Started Kathy Rain Director's Cut yesterday. I should've done so earlier. Nice game !

Currently playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong as a mage/conjurer shaman. Love the dialogues in this game.

I'm replaying Nehrim and will probably give Enderal another go next.

An old game considered a classic in the first person shooter realm:
Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I love it, even just bought an expensive and collectable full color strategy guide for it, that is how much I have liked playing this game recently.

Started Kathy Rain Director's Cut yesterday. I should've done so earlier. Nice game !
Thanks for mentioning this! I bought and played it today. It is in the style of classical Point-And-Click Adventures and short but fun. Can recommend it to lovers of this genre.

Funny that this went under my radar when it came out. I played and liked "Whispers of a Machine", a later game by the same developers, already about two years ago.

@Alrik Fassbauer;: If you like Kathy Rain you should also try Whispers of a Machine!

The recent spotlight on Tomb Raider put me in the mood to try one the the older games I had never played. I had purchased the Tomb Raider Trilogy awhile back that consists of the three games of the first series reboot. I installed Tomb Raider: Legend last night and played through most of the first chapter.

"Meh" is about all I can say. It's an older game, but I doubt I would have liked it any more at release. I could see how formulaic it is right away, and it's not a formula I particularly like. Enter room/area, kill enemies, solve puzzle, repeat. I also found the QTEs really annoying.

It's also pretty funny how Lara is in these incredibly remote areas and yet the bad guys are often already inside waiting for her. I laughed out loud when, after scaling a mountain to find a ruin in the first area, a group of mercenaries simply pulled up in an SUV.

The recent spotlight on Tomb Raider put me in the mood to try one the the older games I had never played. I had purchased the Tomb Raider Trilogy awhile back that consists of the three games of the first series reboot. I installed Tomb Raider: Legend last night and played through most of the first chapter.

"Meh" is about all I can say. It's an older game, but I doubt I would have liked it any more at release. I could see how formulaic it is right away, and it's not a formula I particularly like. Enter room/area, kill enemies, solve puzzle, repeat. I also found the QTEs really annoying.

It's also pretty funny how Lara is in these incredibly remote areas and yet the bad guys are often already inside waiting for her. I laughed out loud when, after scaling a mountain to find a ruin in the first area, a group of mercenaries simply pulled up in an SUV.
By your experience I feel reassured in my opinion: Only the first three and the latest three in the series are good, everything in between is mediocre, in particular everything with annoying QTEs.

By your experience I feel reassured in my opinion: Only the first three and the latest three in the series are good, everything in between is mediocre, in particular everything with annoying QTEs.

I liked the 2013 reboot. I haven't played the two games released since though.

I remember liking the original PS1 game quite a bit at release, but I didn't find the 2nd or 3rd games as memorable. I also think the original series has aged quite poorly.

I liked the 2013 reboot. I haven't played the two games released since though.

I remember liking the original PS1 game quite a bit at release, but I didn't find the 2nd or 3rd games as memorable. I also think the original series has aged quite poorly.
I recommend trying Rise of the Tomb Raider. The overall gameplay is similar to the 2013 Tomb Raider but here are many improvements in the gameplay and the world design (at least for my feeling). And if you like it, you can add the Shadow one.

With regard to the question, whether game age well: My experience is that this seems to be very subjective since people see this very differently. For example I feel that Gothic 1 is as playable as ever, while many people claim it hasn't aged well. May be I am not as demanding with regard to optics as others. For me it is mainly story, world building and gameplay, which have to still feel good… Technical graphics quality is not as relevant for me.

I'm replaying Nehrim and will probably give Enderal another go next.
I really should play those total conversion mods. Never got around to it and whenever I think of them I'm always busy with some other games.

Do you play them in German or English?

I really should play those total conversion mods. Never got around to it and whenever I think of them I'm always busy with some other games.

Do you play them in German or English?
Nehrim hasn't been completely translated into English except for the text. So I should probably say German audio and English text, and it does get confusing at times.

As for Enderal it has both English audio and text so I enjoy playing it more. I'm waiting on more info about their original RPG, but they only released one low quality game.

Game Link - https://store.steampowered.com/app/871920/Mad_Restaurant_People/?curator_clanid=3357962

Last edited:
I'm currently playing my first ever playthrough of Kingdom Come. Very good so far, even though I didn't get very far. I'm likely to finish it around Christmas or so.

I also bought the early Darkest dungeon 2 for about 9 euro yesterday and tried it for about an hour (until I was wiped the first time).

Seems very similar to the first game in general, but the graphics are really great and atmostherpic, and the systems seem interconnected in a better way. I will play it some more later today and see how it is at the moment. It's of course early access, so I will reserve proper judgment until much later.

Back
Top Bottom