Genshin Impact

The little flying girl Paimon is used as a guide in this game. She's reflects with you on story, dialogs and quests. She can be funny .. at times :)

Yes, I know. ;)
She just has such a high voice, it is somethine one has to get used to.

Does there exist some kind of handbook, which explains all of these in-game acronyms and rule sets ?
There are so many ...

There's is an in-game manual - and you can google anything about Genshin Impact as well. Or just ask me :)

I became curious . The web site lists a figure called Aloy ... and she looks a lot like a person from another game ! ;)
But ... how does one get this party member ?

Aloy could be claimed freely in Genshin 2.1 and 2.2 when you have reached Adventure Rank 20. Currently she's not available.

Ah, so that riddle is solved ... The German Wikipedia page for the game doesn't list it correctly, then, it seems ...

Cryo-Mages (or how they are called) are currently frustrating me heavily ...

My only fire one is Amber so far.
But ... I got Xianling (whom I internallally call "a spoiled brat") from trying out a "gacha" with in-game resources (no real money), when I was curious whether I could actually get Noelle.
I don't intend trying out this further, as they mostly cover the elements I need. Plus, if I ever need geo, I could easily go to Liue and change that with the porotagonist at a statue.
I think that Noelle is placed there as some kind of "carroit-on-a-stick", as an introduction bonus for trying out the gacha.
The only other enemy which gives me headaches are the ruins guardians.

Noelle makes life easier, because she has a good shield and does a lot of damage. Built up Xianling - she helps against the Cryo-Mages with her Fire-Ring-Spell.

Last edited:
Yes, I figured that out, too. Noelle is even at level 1 very good.
And I have seen what Xianling can do during that odd "cook duel" quest chain.

I'm overwhelmed by the vast amount of currencies, ingredients etc. etc. etc. , where one sometimes isn't able to tell which is what.

In at least one rare case, cooking ingredients are also needed for levelling up a certain character.

There are ingredients and currencies needed for

- levelling up characters
- levelling up weapons
- enhancing weapons
- enhacing artifacts (?)
- buying items
- cooking
- smithing
- quests (rare cases) ...

The sheer amount is a bit much. It is not quite easy to see through all of it, but at least each item has a tiny description page.

Another point is, that English and German versions seem to differ a little bit in words.
Whereas the English voices say "Archonts", the German-language text says "gods", usually (but not always).

Sometimes, when reading the texts and listening to the English voices at the same time, well sometimes, the voices say more - more detailed - things that the text - and vice versa sometimes.

To me, this makes the world's background even richer, although it is not easy to do both at the same time.

From another side I'm told that, quoted from my memory, "in the course of the story you get almost all figures for free" - with the "gacha" system in mind, meaning : "You don't actually need this "gacha" system.

From another side I'm told that, quoted from my memory, "in the course of the story you get almost all figures for free" - with the "gacha" system in mind, meaning : "You don't actually need this "gacha" system.

Yes you get more than enough characters over time without paying for Gacha. But you need some patience.

I own 38 from currently 49 available characters (all maxed out) for example.

Oh. That looks impressive to me from my current standpoint.

But, well, I need to get over that "wall of glass" ( figuratively speaking ), or I won't finish it, which would be a shame, because I begin to really like it.

What does the "aiming" option within the game's controls actually do ?

Some characters - like Amber - can position their sidekick on the field.

Last edited:
I already found that these crystals are ... a way for the company to earn more money, to put it politely.
I don't need that stuff.

Edit : What do you mean with "sidekick" ?

I'm in the very first stages of the next chapter now.

Back
Top Bottom