Monster Collection/Battling RPG/JRPGs?!

MonBattle

Traveler
Sup guys,

I'm new to the forums. I've been searching for some good monster collection/battling RPG games that are on PC, and haven't found any good ones.

I've tried Monster Legends/Monster Galaxy on facebook, but it's not doing it for me. Also tried the numerous pokemon online fan made games, but most are too similar to pokemon, which I can already play on my handhelds. More recently, I tried monster battle TCG which was okay.

Do you guys have any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Not really my field of expertise, but I have good memories of playing Anachronox. It got a very JRPG style of combat, not sure how innovating it is, but the story is great. Be sure to install the patch if you try it.

Anachronox doesn't add "pokemons" but bugs. Not gamebreaks - you will be gathering beetles. :D

IMO it's one of the best games of all times.

That genre is not too represented in the PC, for that the best platform is the handhelds. From what I've played, the closest I can think of, where you 'collect' units and use them for fighting would be tactical RPGs like Heroes of Might & Magic or King's Bounty.

I got Alzheimer, I'm now certain.
Otherwise how could I forget a gem of a game that never got a sequel.
This is a game he wants - Zanzarah:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuhXN_DvpBU

Buy immediately! I think it's not available in digital stores so you'll have to get it from Amazon, ebay or alibaba.

That genre is not too represented in the PC, for that the best platform is the handhelds. From what I've played, the closest I can think of, where you 'collect' units and use them for fighting would be tactical RPGs like Heroes of Might & Magic or King's Bounty.

Thanks for the insight guys. I am curious why these games are not highly represented on PC. It can't be because no one that owns a PC wants to play this type of game.

If you'd like to download a Playstation emulator and ROM (you must own both the console and the game in real life if you do this!!! Warning, warning!! ;) ), the original Monster Rancher games for the PS1 were a blast to play. You basically raised your own monsters and fought them in battles and tournaments. I don't remember a ton from the games as I played them when I was a kid, but they were good monster battling games. :)

Didn't World of Warcraft introduce raising creatures & letting them fight? I've not played WOW in a very long time, but I heard quite a lot of complaints about "World of Pokémon" from friends who still play it.

Why are all these monster collection battling games so easy? I feel like I'm mindlessly grinding for most of the game. PvP is really where it gets interesting. We really need more challenging games, like the nuzlock challenge in pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom