Witcher 3 - Still dominant @ PC Gamer

For those who are blind to everything except on gameplay, there's always autoaim on consoles. Or cowclickers on facebook.
Gameplay is what separates games from products.

Gameplay is what drives gamers to play games instead of watching products being streamed.

Hard to find what TW3 is supposed to be.

Too many resources wasted on combat if combat was not meant to be an important feature.

"Too many" dear Chien is only too many if other features were short changed. They weren't.

To have a mature exchange - we need to be mature about potential issues.

Nobody is perfect but Allah DArt but, even with its issues TW3 become a yardstick against which other games are measured. Get over it.

Gameplay is what separates games from products.
Whatever. I can game without gameplay, you preobably can't.

My point was gameplay is not art. And as such, I can't care less about it.

Combat was cinematic and fun to watch, there wasn't too much to it - people complaining about it being wonky I venture don't have the reflexes for it? Just dodge and hit and use an occasional sign. You couldn't kill large monsters at the get-go effortlessly because of low durability and damage, but there are dozens of videos showing players doing just that owing only to their patience, focus, and having plenty of spare time.

It sets the bar for all new cRPGs, especially open-world, third-person ones.

My only beef (similar to Solid Snake, but that's because you rarely play as the same character twice in the Metal gear series) is that Geralt's an experienced butt-kicker, there was no satisfying lore explanation for being reset to level 1 (except for gameplay, of course).

Well, yes. Devs can only use amnesia once and even that has been ridden to death already...

Gaming without games is impossible.

That depends on your imagination. In my case, everything is possible.
Well, except mushrooms and streams. That's not possible on my side. But that's not gaming.

Sure. Imagination brings back people from the dead, imagination fills an empty belly, imagination helps breathing when there is no air.

Sure. Imagination brings back people from the dead, imagination fills an empty belly, imagination helps breathing when there is no air.

Thats faith, not imagination.

I'd like to see a bit more innovation in action-rpg gameplay, particularly around combat. I feel like we maybe need a contest for young developers, where they just compete to design an action combat system that takes advantage of the potential depth of RPG systems. Rolling around and swiping at hit points feels a bit tired to me, at this point.

Back
Top Bottom