Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Bluesnews Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong has been announced and will be developed by Cyanide Studio.

"At the studio, we're long-time and passionate fans of the tabletop role-playing game Vampire: The Masquerade. We have wanted to create a video game inspired by this universe for several years now. This project fits perfectly with Bigben's desire to expand its catalogue of narrative games. We are very happy to be unveiling it together," says Thomas Veauclin, Creative & Art Director at Big Bad Wolf.

"My past experience as an editor and author of role-playing games, and also as Editor-in-Chief of an RPG magazine, is proof of how important this project means to me personally," adds Benoit Clerc, Head of Publishing at Bigben." Just like me, many fans have been waiting a long time for a new adaptation of this cult game, which will be developed by one of the most talented studios of its generation."

In this narrative RPG adapted from the 5th edition of Vampire: The Masquerade, the player takes control of 3 vampires belonging to different clans of the Camarilla, the secret society to which most vampires belong. Weaving between their intertwined tales, the player has to confront the different points of view of his characters to unravel fact from fiction. With whispers of conspiracy, murder and power struggles, the player must protect his clan, discover the truth and above all enforce the Masquerade, the vampire law designed to conceal the existence of creatures of the night from humans.

More information.

We've waited 15 years to have a sequel to Bloodlines and now we have three (kinda).

Cyanide, though… :uneasy:
They better give us more freedom this time, because their Cthulhu game was depressingly linear.

We've waited 15 years to have a sequel to Bloodlines and now we have three (kinda).

Cyanide, though… :uneasy:
They better give us more freedom this time, because their Cthulhu game was depressingly linear.

So Cyanide is owned by Big Ben Studios. Have you played their Council game?

Nope, but I read they're good games if you like graphic adventure games.

Setting remind me of Dishonored…

The vampire games are coming fast all of a sudden. I'm much more interested in Bloodlines II and Richard Cobbett's game, but I'll be open-minded about this one.

I liked The Council quite a bit so I'm looking forward to something similar in the Vampire universe.
I only hope they get enough time and funds this time so the final chapters feel less rushed.

Never played the council, but I read about it and saw it on twitch. If this is close to that, but with more elements of the vampire universe, it could be good.

The last RPG by Cyanide I played was Calll of Cthulhu, and it was pretty bad. Before that it was Game of Thrones, and while that was better than CoC, it was still mostly mediocre.

the player takes control of 3 vampires belonging to different clans of the Camarilla

And suddenly I have in my head a roleplay session involving these guys:
what-we-do-in-the-shadows.jpg

And suddenly I have in my head a roleplay session involving these guys:
what-we-do-in-the-shadows.jpg
And if we have to fight a pack of werewolves, I hope they're not swearwolves. I hate swearwolves…

Back
Top Bottom