The TV Series discussion thread

Anyone else been following Justified? I've been watching it for several weeks by now and it has become one of my favourite series. Just watched season 5 finale and I'm almost catching where the series is now.

I really recommand this. Just make sure to watch several episodes before making your mind. Series begins building it's story quite slowly, but its very rewarding to see how each act has consequences. There is larger story arc that writers have been cleverly building since the pilot and it has been quite rewarding to follow it… :)

Last edited:
Anyone else been following Justified? I've been watching it for several weeks by now and it has become one of my favourite series. Just watched season 5 finale and I'm almost catching where the series is now.

I really recommand this. Just make sure to watch several episodes before making your mind. Series begins building it's story quite slowly, but its very rewarding to see how each act has consequences. There is larger story arc that writers have been cleverly building since the pilot and it has been quite rewarding to follow it… :)

That one's on my list. Last American thriller I really liked was True Detective, which blew me away.

Anyone else been following Justified?
Sorry, no, but I've heard good things about that one. Will add it on "to watch" list.

Justified has been solid, if a bit predictable most of the time. I've thought since season one that Sam Elliot deserved a spot in this show, and it looks like he finally got it this year!

AoS becomes a lot more interesting after the train episode (12 or so). I'm Starting to care a little more about the characters and story.

I'm still watching AoS. It's kinda a borderline show for me. I've come close to punting more than once, but I've stuck with it. I think part of it is that the show took a while to find its identity. It seems to have figured that part out now, which makes it a little more enjoyable to watch. The other side of that coin is that I'd say that identity is more formulaic than the first several episodes, which probably won't appeal to DArt.

AoS is Marvel's Agents of Shield?
It started okay, to the end remained okay but then the start of the next season is again - okay.
Totally mediocre, I can't recommend it to anyone. I mean… To anyone who doesn't have time to watch 87345673846 TV shows. If you have time to watch just a few shows per year, this is the one you'll want to skip as there are many better ones airing.

If you're after comic based stuff, I suggest watching movies and avoiding TV series when it's Marvel's stuff, but for DC stuff avoid movies and watch TV shows (Arrow, Flash).

I admit I didn't watch Agent Carter yet, but if it's the same thing as Agents of Shield with different characters, I'll drop it instantly. Some say it's not the same thing new wrapping, but it took good old noir movies style, thus I'm holding my hopes high.

AoS has the possibility of being really great now, if they develop the whole terrigen mist situation to its' full potential. Those people that survived immersion are going to have full-fledged super powers, and that should change the entire complexion of this show.

On the other hand, I'm truly going to miss Agent Carter when it goes. This show has been utterly fantastic! I figured the series might end with Peg/Stark forming Shield, but they don't seem to have enough episodes left now to do that creation justice.

I watch very little TV but I love the Amazing Race, which is starting soon again. Last season it was on Friday night, which for me was a terrible night for it to be on. Missed the entire race, but I think we can watch it from the CBS website. This season its moved again, but this time to Wednesday, which is a little better. It was originally on Sundays which was perfect, because it took up some of the time between the end of the 4:00 (American) football games and the 8:30 game

Being in upstate NY, I have 2 feet of snow covering everything and was hunkered down for a few days last week, which I spent most of watching Swamp People. Just a bunch of crazy Louisiana Bayou nuts catching alligators from rowboats :idea:

I probably spend most of my very little TV time watching Ancient Aliens or some similar show though

I find Agent Carter to be one of the most refreshing shows on TV; it's really been done well and I hope it gets a second and longer season!!

So how about Bosch ?

So an other cop series, but it has this great film noir vibe and it is set in Hollywood. So those two things alone pulled me in. Each episode is packed with great jazz music and Bosch is quite an intresting character to follow. The series is not quite as dark or mysterious as True Detectives or as gritty as Justified, but the series is quite charming in it's film noirish way. The series reminds me of those great old film noir films.

I've also begun watching Better call saul which is a spin off series to Breaking Bad. The series is about Walter White's lawyer Saul Goodman. It tells us how Jimmy McGill became the crooked lawyer we know from Breaking Bad or maybe he was always quite like that. So far the series has been pretty intresting and I can't wait to see epidode 4! :)

I've also begun watching Better call saul which is a spin off series to Breaking Bad. The series is about Walter White's lawyer Saul Goodman. It tells us how Jimmy McGill became the crooked lawyer we know from Breaking Bad or maybe he was always quite like that. So far the series has been pretty intresting and I can't wait to see epidode 4! :)

I've been meaning to check that out. Breaking Bad was one of my all time favorite series. I don't expect BCS to be on the same level, but I always liked Bob Odenkirk's character.

Better Call Saul has been enjoyable, so far. It is quite the story and takes place well before Breaking Bad, I assume we'll see Jimmy progress to Saul throughout the series. At this point I only expect it to get even better.

Finally finished ds9. It's alright if you're a SciFi fan, but nothing like people sometimes suggests. Babylon is so much better. In fact when it started to get better it ended.

Also found the courage for black lagoon s02. Not my cup of tea, found my attention drifting away often and lost much of the sorry that way. Maybe if I had given it more attention...

Watched vikings s03 premier. I forgot half of the characters but it has some promise. I remember grinding my teeth because of the arrogance of the Vikings in the previous season.

I never watched Babylon 5, Black Lagoon nor Vikings nor I plan to.
But DS9 was IMO the best ST series.

Ah Babylon 5, now that was a great scifi series. I followed it regularly when it was aired on tv. Much more intresting than Star Trek. :) I recall taping every episode on vhs.. Later on I naturally bought the entire series + tv movies on dvd.

Last edited:
Better Call Saul has been enjoyable, so far. It is quite the story and takes place well before Breaking Bad, I assume we'll see Jimmy progress to Saul throughout the series. At this point I only expect it to get even better.

I'm loving it so far. Saul was a great character on Breaking Bad & I have enjoyed how they integrated characters from it.

Been on a anime binge watch, right now watching Planetes (7/10), a pretty interesting and fun look at space/outer atmosphere life in 2075ish I think. I've watched Spice and Wolf (9/10) a story about a merchant coming across a fox-like spirit, its something of a medieval romance. Gunslinger Girls (8/10) a action/drama about cyborg teenage girls who are trained to become assassins, way better then it sounds tho. Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex (7/10) a futuristic look at technological issues we may face someday. Attack on Titan (8/10) a great medieval/early gunpowder look at a world where giants have almost destroyed mankind. Cowboy Bebop (8/10) a fun futuristic cowboy/bounty hunter mismash with great music, think Serenity in anime. Fullmetal Alchemist (9/10) a story about 2 brothers with magical alchemical abilities and their search to cure their magically induced afflictions. Finally Deathnote (9/10) a great story about a genius psychopath with a book that can kill anyone whose name is written in it, and a police/government branch trying to catch him. Sorry for the wall of text.

Back
Top Bottom