RPGWatch @ Gamescom - Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mask Preview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We had the chance to look into a highly flexible turn-based story-driven RPG Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mask

A long time ago a beast was set loose in the world and a group of heroes set out to deal with it. After the beast was slain they formed a council to make sure there will not be another beast coming to the lands. The council has an armed force, called the arbiters, who take care of the daily matters for the council. The character we get to play in Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mask is one such arbiter. During the game more information will be discovered about what is actually happening in the world.

Although the graphics in the game might be somewhat cartoony, the story is actually quite mature, in the sense that it is not targeted to young people but to adults. With this they mean that the complexity of the story is such that it is not for children. It is not that they use foul language or use adult themes.
The game is story driven and uses pre-made story characters that can be part of your team, but you can create your own characters as well. There are a total of 30 classes to choose from. Consisting of 20 base classes, a few classes that are story character classes and 6 secret classes that can only be accessed through crafting or finding a special item and are only available to non-story characters.
Although the game is story driven, it is rather linear as far as the story is concerned. The replayability of the game does therefore not come from the story but from the multitude of classes and the different ways to play the game because of that, which would then predominantly be about combat options.
More information.

Here is the next game I saw at the 1C booth at Gamescom.

Looks interesting, will keep an eye on it. :)

Daniel.

I have this in early access. It's pretty generic outside of fighting. Not much variety in the quests, gear, abilities, etc. It's just one battle after another as you move on a map. I think an intelligent monkey could have made what's in it so far, but it's still early.

Sadly at this stage I have to agree with crpgnut. They need more development, more variety, more story etc. Right now its pretty barebones.

Sadly at this stage I have to agree with crpgnut. They need more development, more variety, more story etc. Right now its pretty barebones.
That's a shame as this game looks like a Final Fantasy Tactics Clone. Based on the news-bits lately many have tried to copy or emulate that game, but most have failed.

UI is nice. Combat is too slow, devs need to take away some of those super annoying OK-clicks!

Look at the game's title again ;)
A small typo give him a break.

Anyway the wrong game title sounds like a new Zelda game.

Arbiter's Mark vs Arbiter's Mask.:lol:

Yeah, it needs some serious flesh. It's a skeleton of a game and I'm looking for Zombie at least and hopefully Fat Bastard (TM) by release :D

Back
Top Bottom