Last game you tried to finish or trying

Glad to hear you're enjoying W3 more now. The best side quests spin off from the main quest, so that's a great approach. I find that specifically going in search of side stuff isn't very fruitful, but you'll find a lot of it just on your way to the big stuff.

And yeah, I never rode the horse anywhere. Walking is the way to go, and if I needed to cover great distances I'd fast travel.

@danutz_plusplus; and @JFarrell71;: I completely agree to your points.

Following the quests and exploring the world by doing that feels great.

I am really immersed into the game world now. The city of Novigrad adds much to the atmosphere (the rural areas before that looked all the same for me and the city is a great contrast to them). I have spent at least two days only following quests and side quests in the city.

Probably for other people, who have difficulties to get into the game, it is a good idea to head to Novigrad as soon as possible. Not for tactical or strategical reasons but simply for the experience of that city…

In the meantime I made a short visit to Skellige but am now back in Novigrad since there is still so much to do there…

I have about 60 hours in the game and it feels as if I have just begun. Now I can really appreciate, how great the game is.

Edit: @Pladio;: The gwent game is indeed really fun and trying to find all persons, which play it or sell cards is a fun side mission in itself. I believe that I like gwent even more than Acromage.

I was well and truly into Gwent the first time I played. I was motivated to get every card and there are a few legit quests that involve the game (like a tournament in Novigrad that spins into much more)

I am still playing TW 3 and loving it more and more. But just now they pissed me off a little bit (again): I had two quests in my book. One was to talk to Yen and one was to get the small monster Uma from the men of the Baron. I choose to fetch Uma first and in that moment the Yennifer quest was marked as failed and later she treated me as if I had done something wrong to her without me even knowing what.

This is very bad design. While I like choices and consequences and am willing to live with the result of my choices, I didn't even now, that I was making a relevant choice.

If something like that happens again, it could turn me off the game.

This is something they should do differently in their next game.

:( Does anybody know, whether things of this type happen in CP 2077? :'(

By the way I tried CP 2077 for a few hours a few weeks ago and had similar Problems like in TW 3 at the beginning: I don't like driving and I don't like to drive from quest marker to quest marker without exploring the area in between.

Is it possible to play CP 2077 without driving?

You don't have to drive in CP 2077, but I don't see why you wouldn't. It doesn't take long to get used to the mechanics, and it's a lot more efficient than trying to run everywhere. Plus some of the vehicles are pretty cool.

You don't have to drive in CP 2077, but I don't see why you wouldn't. It doesn't take long to get used to the mechanics, and it's a lot more efficient than trying to run everywhere. Plus some of the vehicles are pretty cool.
Thanks for the info. The reason, I don't like driving (or riding) is not, that I find it hard to do. I simply prefer to walk through the game world and look, what I find behind the next door or behind the next hill. Using those means of transportation doesn't give me that feeling, it is more like a kind of half baked fast travel for me.

Thanks for the info. The reason, I don't like driving (or riding) is not, that I find it hard to do. I simply prefer to walk through the game world and look, what I find behind the next door or behind the next hill. Using those means of transportation doesn't give me that feeling, it is more like a kind of half baked fast travel for me.

Then do both. You don't have to drive all the time. I would periodically explore areas on foot when I was playing CP 2077, but you're going to want to use a vehicle when travelling across the map.

Is it possible to play CP 2077 without driving?

Yes and no.

When you're in Night City proper, it's not only possible, it's my preferred way to play. That would include the district you spend your time in at the start of the game (Watson).

But you can't really do that the entire game. You need to drive to and around the Badlands, for example. So I did a mix throughout. I liked driving personally, though. It wasn't a Roach situation. Keep in mind that models of car handle quite differently. I preferred the better handling/more weight but still fast types.

Thanks, will try it that way in CP 2077.

But for now I am still in TW 3 and it is becoming one of my favorite game of the last years.

The areas I like most are Novigrad for the city flair and Skellige for the nature (nearly as beautiful as the areas Gothic 3).

Some of the long quests in both areas are really fun to experience.

The only negative so far is the effect that sidequests do sometimes fail without in-game justification (as mentioned in earlier posts).

But this is not a crucial problem, so my overall feeling is extremely positive right now.

I am now at a point, where I am supposed to go to the isle of mists and have played nearly 90 hours. I didn't start any of the expansion quests yet, hope they are possible after ending the main quest.

I didn't start any of the expansion quests yet, hope they are possible after ending the main quest.

They are, as I recall. IIRC for myself I did the Heart of Stone stuff before I finished the main quest, but I did the Blood & Wine stuff afterwards. The end of Blood & Wine is an end to Witcher 3 as a whole, as a matter of fact.

I finished Yakuza 2. Good enough game, but the ending really left me cold. Thank heavens for the post-credit scene.

When you shoot a Yakuza in the gut, they don't bleed out blood, they bleed out exposition. And lots of it. The game tells you before you go to the final battle. I suggest making popcorn at that time - and I don't mean one of those mini-bags.

Still playing the Witcher 3. Finished the main story and am now playing the expansions.

The main story had some moving moments, the most impressive one for me was
the small scene, where Ciri buries Skjall. This part of the story was really tragic.
The heart of stone expansion also seems to have a fun story. Experiencing
a wedding with Shani while being possessed by a ghost
was disturbingly funny.

Now I have 120 hours in TW3 and hoping it takes much longer. So I now have the positive version of trying to finish the game: I can't stop playing it…

Last edited:
You might want to use spoiler tags for the people who haven't played it yet.
I thought the text was vague enough to tease but not spoil anything to people who haven't seen these scenes yet. But I have added spoiler tags anyways...

To my shame, i must say, as much as I absolutely LOVE the game "Dungeon of Naheulbeuk", I'm not good enough for even the easiest difficulty setting. Or, that difficulty is in general too hard.
So, as much as I hate it, I'm procrastinating there.

Back
Top Bottom