Coronavirus (No Politics)

Probably my favorite zombie flick.

Yeah it's good.
My favorite though is Tom Savini's Night of the Living Dead remake (1990).

I'm sure you know far more about this stuff than I do. I was just putting some info out there, in case people have heard the same rumor.

No, no. I don't update myself systematically on the pandemic, so I may easily overlook important information. Just by chance, I had noticed the possible-unfortunate-link between COVID-19 and ibuprofen, I might easily have missed it.

a pibbur who maybe gives the impression of knowing more than he actually does.

Yeah it's good.
My favorite though is Tom Savini's Night of the Living Dead remake (1990).

I should revisit the zombie genre. Now that I'm getting older, I find my opinion changes. In my early 30s, I felt like I was beginning to figure things out. At 40, I felt like I was starting to get a real handle on how the world works. Haven't hit 50 yet. Maybe I'll figure out I was wrong all along. :p

But I find the same is true in my taste for art, or what have you. When I first saw Sergio Leone's Westerns, for example, I didn't care for them much. More recently, I watched The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, and I think I get it now.

Oh man, I don't want to derail this thread too much so I'll be quick: if you just acquired a taste for Sergio Leone's works you have to (re)watch Duck, You Sucker! an Once Upon a Time in America.
The two best movies ever made!

I cut out Ibuprofen some days ago because of the uncertainty. Soar throat for 2 weeks, all the way down to beginning of lungs, but no lung problems. Still lingering soarness but the last days my health gotten way better, and been able to work from home. Testing in Norway is limited so like many other I´ll have to wait this one out.

Sorry to all, but I first saw Once Upon a Time in America as a young man, too, and I liked that one a lot, even back then. I've already put Duck, You Sucker! near the top of my list for what to watch next. :)

I cut out Ibuprofen some days ago because of the uncertainty. Soar throat for 2 weeks, all the way down to beginning of lungs, but no lung problems. Still lingering soarness but the last days my health gotten way better, and been able to work from home. Testing in Norway is limited so like many other I´ll have to wait this one out.
Keep us informed. And have a quick recovery :)

I've already put Duck, You Sucker! near the top of my list for what to watch next. :)
Yes!
There's few different cuts, some way better than the others... I don't remember exactly which is which, but you'll figure it out I'm sure.

While there is no secured proof that ibuprofen does damage, it's even recommended by the WHO to avoid it (if you don't have a good reason) and use paracetamol instead.

The french president mentioned that as well. So, I'd call it a bit more than a rumor, but yeah, it's not a secured fact either.

While there is no secured proof that ibuprofen does damage, it's even recommended by the WHO to avoid it (if you don't have a good reason) and use paracetamol instead.

The french president mentioned that as well. So, I'd call it a bit more than a rumor, but yeah, it's not a secured fact either.

I read that the youths responsible for the warning going out had taken "massive amounts of Ibuprofen". Massive amounts of a drug? Yeah, that could be dangerous...

The firm I'm working in has basically closed now. Only the really really really really necessary employees have remained.

From today, here in Serbia, we are on a lockdown from 8pm to 5am and people over the age of 65 (70 in rural areas) are not to leave their homes after 10am. Schools are closed and the classes are held over the state TV channel and online service. I haven't been to bigger supermarkets, but a local grocery store I go to every day is well stocked. I live in a very small town, so that might be the reason.

Since I work from home, it's all the same to me, although I noticed a big drop in amount of work I get (I do market research for a UK company). The good news is that it means I get to put in less hours; the bad news is that it means less money. But as I freelancer, I'm always on the lookout for new work so I'll manage.

I work in the emergency services sector so, if anything, I'm waiting for the call to do even more work than normal.

This thing starts to feel like a social experiment on an unprecedented scale.

Interesting times. In the meaning of the alleged old chinese curse. ;)

Our place would only close if the government tells us we have to. On the upside the company has begun Emergency Sick Pay, which means if we can prove we have it and have to be off work we will get paid until we are released back to work by a doctor.

This thing starts to feel like a social experiment on an unprecedented scale.

Interesting times. In the meaning of the alleged old chinese curse. ;)

Somewhere Vault-Tec is watching and taking notes.

All bars and restaurants are closed in Ohio. The schools are closed. Gyms are closed. Good thing I don't like people and have five acres that are wooded.

Lets see, I have my dogs, my computer, my home gym, an old arcade machine, my wife and enough turkey jerky to last months. Nothing in my life has changed much.

I like you all though and hope everyone stays safe. Not sure what it means that I have been living like this the last seven years since I retired. ;)

In San Jose, CA, US (San Francisco Bay Area). Everyone in all counties around the Bay were told to shelter-in-place yesterday.

They gave messages about exercise being allowed and drives to the store so turned on the news at 5 PM and saw people holding hands while walking down the pier with 50 other people all around. People not taking it seriously which worries me that the measures will only get harsher to get compliance but everyone knows the police do not want to enforce it so feel they can abuse it for now I guess.

I did most of my zombie apocalypse shopping two weeks ago so am in theory good to go for a couple of weeks. Alas, I can do my work remotely so I'm doing that instead of gaming but I guess I'm still employed which is probably better I guess. Was supposed to hire and intern on Monday but that is looking to be really hard to get through now which is a shame since I'm sure she can use the money.

My sister in another state owns a company that does service work for restaurants and said it basically dried up completely for her before there was even a ban and she will have to layoff her team if it continues.

Well I just went to a Doctors Clinical and man does it looks surreal. They have signs up, saying if you have COVID-19 symptoms do not enter aggressively placed, the staff are wearing masks and there is alcohol santizer at the entrance before you enter.

My savings fund just lost 5K, I am now going to try to defend the rest against what comes and I imagine a lot of people will. This feels like a stock market crash waiting to happen.

The danger of the virus is nothing compared to the danger of the panic and the new laws it will bring.

Once you lose freedoms they never get restored.

Back
Top Bottom