Deiland - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Deiland is an adventure RPG that has been released on Steam today.

Deiland is a single-player adventure RPG with several sandbox elements, such as farming, crafting, and building.
Put on the mantle of the Little Prince of Deiland and rule over your own planet!

Tend Deiland
Your planet is your home, turn it into a unique and special place. Improve your skills, craft tools, cook delicious food, brew potions, and create many more items that you can manage and trade.

Enjoy the story
12 available characters and over 100 quests. Your little planet will attract lots of neighboring merchants wishing to trade materials and rare ingredients.

Play and relax
Smooth and cute graphics as well as a relaxing soundtrack to ease up the bustling everyday routine. Experience the nature's versatility in the form of storms, hurricane winds, Aurora Borealis, meteor showers, and shooting stars.
More information.

Why does the main look like he's 6? Pass. I just can't do cutesy.

Well I can especially when I can kill all those "cutes". Lemme see...

https://steamcommunity.com/id/germican/recommended/760620/
the Motion Sickness in this game is real!! I have never in my 30 years as a gamer ever felt such hardcore eye strain and motion sickness. Considering that there is absolutely no reference point in this game makes it quite obvious that some very basic game development features were not fixed. Even the background (stars/sky) moves continuously. I´ve tried to play the game 3 to 4 minutes at a time to see if I can get used to it but the fact that I even have to attempt to do this is reason enough to give it a big thumbs down.
I want to play this game!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/joshmiller83/recommended/760620/
The Store Page should say Locked Keyboard Binds or Controller only! No Mouse!

Returning it. Didn't even get to play it, (literally on the Main Menu for 5 minutes so I could write this review) not going to waste time on a keybindless PC game when there is Stardew Valley and/or My Time in Portia.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/760620/discussions/0/1743343017618619916/
Avoid this mess
You can't even change the controls, so if, like me you use the arrow keys to move....Forget it, more lazy devs.
WTF
No buy!

Wasn't this a crowdfunded game? o_O

Hmm I could be wrong of course.

The phone version doesn't appear to have the level of zoom-in etc that the PC version does, so I imagine that the superior platform(s) have allowed some serious upgrades.
This looks like the sort of thing my kids would love (and to be honest, I'd have a little dabble ;)), but I can see how the motion sickness could be a real issue. Also, no mouse + KB? No remapping? Silly. Needs a demo.

Looks to me like an low-level entry game for RPGs in general - probably inspired by The Little Prince.

Kids will like it. It seriously doesn't appear to be intended for hardcore RPG players like us.

Back
Top Bottom