King's Bounty II - First Reviews

Sooo…anyone tried it yet? This *would* have been a day 1 purchase if they hadn't strayed so far from Armoured princess, but this bland colourless look does dothing for me. Since the reviews are less than stellar, I'll wait for some Watch opinions and they maybe consider buying it if they're positive.

When you say KB1 are you referring to Kings Bounty: The Legend or the original King's Bounty from New World Computing?

It's supposed to be a sequel to the latter, but I think part of the problem is that game is so old that many gamers know nothing about it. Most KB fans were probably hoping for something more similar to The Legend and Armored Princess.
I was refering to the most recent one, so Kings Bounty: The Legend.

Sooo…anyone tried it yet? This *would* have been a day 1 purchase if they hadn't strayed so far from Armoured princess, but this bland colourless look does dothing for me.

Same here. Money saved.

But apparingly there's a lot of demand for games with a darker and "non-comic" look, like Dark Souls, maybe.

Looks like a fashion to me. Or, a member of that parade of games fitting into the "dark & gritty" phase.

What are you talking about.
I'm 20 hours in and can't stop.
Yes it has it's problems (outdated engine and models, slow moving + useless horse, too many small caches unlike predecessors) but it's fun, it's challenging and it has a fair share of humor.

I have no idea why are you mentioning Dark Souls.
KB2 general style is not dark&gritty (except certain zones, won't spoil) and you can't grind2win here - nothing ever respawns.
Choices matter both in your skill tree and units available for recruitment, but I can't say if the game finale depends on it.

Back
Top Bottom