ELEX II - Release Day: March 1, 2022

SKJEQD2.jpeg

I will be interested to read rpg watcher's impressions of this one. I'm interested in the game, but its not a "must buy", for me, at least not yet.

I will be interested to read rpg watcher's impressions of this one. I'm interested in the game, but its not a "must buy", for me, at least not yet.
Well, since this a PB fansite many of the impressions are likely going to be very positive, including mine.

I'm expecting amazing exploration, janky early game combat, average story and some good feelings of progression.

If any game ever released on the last decade taught us something is that we must wait 6-12 month after release, so that the maker of the game has enough time to fix the turd surved to us on day one.

If any game ever released on the last decade taught us something is that we must wait 6-12 month after release, so that the maker of the game has enough time to fix the turd surved to us on day one.
I completely agree with you in general. However, among PB's games Gothic 3 was the only one, which needed extensive patching and modding to achieve a smooth gaming experience. All other games from PB had no relevant glitches at release, as far as I remember. But may be my memory deceives me...

Word goes that other than the Gothic fluke about 20 years ago, all of PB games didn't have glitches, as they were a massive glitch on their own.

If teasing is a sign of affection as they say then you're a true lover of these games, eh? ;)

Both Elex II and Elden Ring will be great in their own way and focus, and for me it does not matter they are released closely. I pre-ordered both and managed to get boxed versions 20% less than the retail/digital price. I will start with Elden Ring (but expect long period of updates and revisions).

I'm preordering, but I might wait until after the first patch to start depending on what I'm playing at the time. I'll already have Dying Light 2 and Elden Ring from February, assuming there's no further delays for those games.

I'll be sitting on my comfortable bench and checking out reviews as they happen. Releasing it on my mum's birthday is a sure way to keep me away from the playing field on day one!

Hmmm, question is, will it be something like a Gothic 2-sequel or more like a Risen 2 sequel? :)

(Note to self: after abandoning Elex for the nth time for "not clicking with me", it is time to restart this sucker again.)

Back
Top Bottom