Kingdom Come: Deliverance (B-roll gameplay, E3 2017)

Lol d'Art, you keep calling everyone too young, what are you, 800 years old? And still working a mundane office job? By "office job" I mean pressing F5 waiting for Bobo's reply

Mount & Blade combat looked too clunky for me, almost same as here in KC: D. I think this kind of combat was well made in game called "For Honor"- for me it felt closer to real medieval swordfighting simulation.
Here in KC: D it looks more like slow fencing and stabbing (stabbing even with mace!!!) than real battle action with swords. Im not expert though and maybe it is made because of some game mechanics, but to me and many more people it looks really clunky.

Didn't they try to base the combat on historically accurate fighting, though? That's what I thought. It probably looks/feels "clunky" because it's going for super realism. Which is another thing I'm not sure is going to be a big hit with most gamers. Certainly not casual RPG gamers.

Mount & Blade combat looked too clunky for me, almost same as here in KC: D. I think this kind of combat was well made in game called "For Honor"- for me it felt closer to real medieval swordfighting simulation.
Here in KC: D it looks more like slow fencing and stabbing (stabbing even with mace!!!) than real battle action with swords. Im not expert though and maybe it is made because of some game mechanics, but to me and many more people it looks really clunky.

For Honor draws some inspiration, but it's still largely gamey with it's rock/papers/scissors approach and branching into classes.
Sounds could be a bit "beefier" here though and enemies emote more.

I know they are trying to simulate historical fighting, but somehow I cant believe it was that slow and clunky. I guess they are more close to simulate those nowadays reenactment club fighting, when everyone just pretends they are fighting than real medieval age fight.:)

Im also afraid that there will be many aspects and mechanisms,which will allow players to throw all medieval realism down the drain and cheese their way through.

Like bow shooting, as I already said, you can exploit poor AI and just shoot everyone down by backpedaling or standing on hill. Enemies still slowly approach you, till they die, instead of using shields, charge or run away.
Some said that you can easy become millionaire by taking part in arena and getting 500g for every win or something like that, which could make obsolete all this medieval harsh world.
And what with every other NPC wearing heavy armor and weapons? As far as I know in that time period armor, weapons and horse were really expensive and mostly obtainable only by rich nobles. Here you can meet lone heavy armored NPC just walking the woods, kill him and sell all his armor thus again making tons of money out of nowhere!
And probably there will be more of things like that which will slip through game production :-(

Last edited:
Lol d'Art, you keep calling everyone too young, what are you, 800 years old? And still working a mundane office job? By "office job" I mean pressing F5 waiting for Bobo's reply

Awww, still a little in love are we? ;)

I believe this number is needed desperately here:

Ooo, I like that arrow shooting at the end. Not only are there no laser-straight arrow shots, there isn't even a targeting crosshair of any kind! I love the view from inside the helmet, too.

The video was pretty hard to watch, though. It kept jumping and jumping.

I really hope they will improve with those things, though not that much time left till February 2018.
Almost 8 months is not much time!?

no telegraphing or rhythm of any kind, coupled with one not repeat basic pattern AI and all technical aspects of poor quality: going from sounds, animations, controls, hit effects, camera, etc.

Looks like the depiction of combat in this product.

Like expecting combat to be better in this product than in Bethesda's products.

Back
Top Bottom