What games are you playing now?

Ehhh, there was some info not that long ago ( I can't name my sources, you understand) on Tommy being trapped in whatsitnot and the two working together to prevent creation of another sphere.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-25-the-cancelled-prey-2-had-an-incredible-plot-twist

Guessing real plot would kick in later on, though bounty hunting would be more than side activity.

I seem to remember that now. Someone posted that video in another thread before. Perhaps it was you.

It's an interesting idea. I wonder if that was what they were definitely going with or just one of the scenarios being pitched. Anyways, it's too bad we won't get to find out.

Lvl 11 Caed Nua, Lvl 11 Caed Nua
Kill the trash mobs and pass down the stairs
Lvl 12 Caed Nua...

Back on my PC, so my tablet run through of Icewind Dale EE is taking a break until I'm next away from home. Enjoying it though.

So I tried a couple of games on my Steam list. Did four hours on Dead State . I really want to like that game but I just don't. It's the second time I've tried to get into it and failed.

So I fired up Inquisitor for the first time, and so far I'm really enjoying it. Crisp graphics, and an interesting setting. I've gone with a Paladin, and I'm currently exploring the first village and talking to folk… That's a whole lot of text going on. :) But it has certainly got my attention. Looking forward to exploring more and solving some of these mysteries that are going on…

Lvl 11 Caed Nua, Lvl 11 Caed Nua
Kill the trash mobs and pass down the stairs
Lvl 12 Caed Nua…

Look on the bright side... it'll be over soon ;) . Also, without spoiling too much but the final level is basically just one big room and one of the levels between 12 and 15, too, so only two trash mob levels to go.

I'm playing a zombie apocalypse game called 7 days to die. I've been playing it for a vacation week now and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I play SP, naturally, and it's pushing all the right buttons for me. Will I have enough food to survive till tomorrow. Probably not, but the toilet water will keep me going….and going…and going….dysentery!

Okay, so you wake up sometime after an epidemic flu outbreak turns 98% into zombies. Your character starts out with a letter saying make something of yourself and you will be welcomed into a safe harbor by other survivors. You wake up next to a car and a corpse and there is always a dilapidated house nearby. You are walked through creating a stone axe and then how to make a basic set of clothes and some minor home repair. From there on you will have to figure things out on your own.

You have dozens of skills to choose from and most trades will require you to learn the basics from a book or trial and error. Weapon smithing, Armor crafting, beer making, water purifying, corn planting and harvesting, etc. You get one skill point at 2nd level and it looks like 5 for each level after that, I think. Fun stuffs.

As I posted in another thread I bought Hitman. Played it a bit (tutorial mission)… Not sure what to think, doesn't feel awsome as critics said, but doesn't feel bad either. Except, of course, hair. Good lord what a disaster for a Sqaure Enix title.

So yesterday, a stickers quest on Steam said "earn an achievement". As I didn't feel like continuing hitman till I net an achievement, fired up Styx 1. Thinking it'll get me some achievement fast (and it did).
Yea, the old game, didn't want to buy the sequel till I see this one first.

To my surprise, the game is fun! It has everything a stealth game should have plus you're plaing an ugly creature with a sort of amnesia - resulting dialogues are not "being badass" but being an unbelievably silly character.
I couldn't stop playing it for at least a few hours, dunno what comes later. If you want to try a stealth game for cheap, it's currently only 6€:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/242640/Styx_Master_of_Shadows/
Honestly I had less fun with full runthrough of overrated GTA5 than here.

Note that negative reviews on steam state that the game later becomes superhard due to inconsistency (trashmobs start detecting you when they shouldn't). I can't confirm this. Yet.

I'm playing a zombie apocalypse game called 7 days to die. I've been playing it for a vacation week now and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I play SP, naturally, and it's pushing all the right buttons for me. Will I have enough food to survive till tomorrow. Probably not, but the toilet water will keep me going….and going…and going….dysentery!(...)

You're playing it SP but isn't it a MP game, much like DayZ ?

There are two full-fledged modes as far as I can tell. SP mode and then you can login to a few servers that are around. I've never tried the server stuff. Since you can custom set the zombies, I can make them as easy as I wish. Dart and JD can make them feral and play on whatever the higher levels are called. I just play to explore and loot :D

Even on the adventurer level, two or more zombies can ruin my day out in the open. I'm good if I can run and gun, but not so good if they sneak up on me.

I just noticed this today, but 7 days to die is in the all-time top 100 games sold on Steam. Not bad for an indie. The upcoming v16 looks to add a ton of new content too.

Now, five years since Greenlight started, we've seen over 90 Million votes cast on submissions in Greenlight. Nearly 10 Million players have participated in voting in Steam Greenlight, but over 63 million gamers have played a game that came to Steam via Greenlight. These players have logged a combined 3.5 Billion hours of game time in Greenlight titles. Some of those titles, like The Forest, 7 Days to Die, and Stardew Valley, are in the list of top 100 selling games ever released on Steam.

After watching the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie (it was decent), I was in the mood for some pirate stuff. Played through AC: Black Flag and AC: Rogue, which made me think of Risen 1-3.

So, now I'm playing Risen, and it strikes me what a great game 2/3 of it really is. The atmosphere is really good, the world looks beautiful and the combat has a good feel to it for the most part (a bit too much dodge backwards -> power attack, but all games have a lot of repetition over time). I also like Mendoza (who really got shafted in the English version of the sequels), as he's not really a villain. His overall objective makes sense.

Also, the game is littered with Gothic references. As I recall us discussing back in the days: It's fairly obvious the "dark magician" was Xardas, who "freed" the world from Innos, Adanos and Beliar (though the world is clearly worse off).

With a bit of polish, some improvements and a bigger scope, Risen 2 could have been fantastic, but they weren't fond of the engine or some such thing (which was developed in-house I believe). A real shame, as I'm certain a proper Risen 2 would have put PB in a better spot than the one they're currently in.

Picked up Neo Scavenger after an exhausting HoMM3 Marathon. I couldn't get into it on my first go, but, man, now I simply adore it. The music, the atmosphere, the gameplay. I'm wearing two different shoes and eating ketchup to survive!

As I posted in another thread I bought Hitman. Played it a bit (tutorial mission)… Not sure what to think, doesn't feel awsome as critics said, but doesn't feel bad either.

Yea, its actually a very good puzzle type game with gorgeous graphics. I have only played the tutorial and some of the Paris fashion show missions so far, but enjoyed the puzzle-like aspects about it and the freedom to approach missions in a variety of stealthy ways. I am working through a large backlog of other games right now, but am planning on returning to it eventually. I liked it enough that I bought all the episodes.

… just ate some funky berries and died from diarrhea. Love this game.

Picked up Age of Wonders 3 and Dragon's Dogma during the steam sale. But first I must finish this playthrough of A Link to the Past...

Currently playing king bounty warrior of the north. I've played it before and it kind of sucks but i'm still playing it.

I'm thinking of buying aow 3 + expansion but not sure. I have the base game on gog. On the one hand i'm pissed at them for not supporting it under linux (on gog) and on the other hand I want to play it on my linux travel machine.

Maybe I shoudl just play civ 4 or 5 on linux when i travel ?

I finished Zelda, Breath of the Wild earlier today, and started Blackguards two. So far I'd say it isn't quite as fun as was the first, but I've only done four maps so far so I'm hoping it improves. Playing a lady protagonist that is uber blood-thirsty is pretty awesome. Zelda was fun, but tactical mayhem is where I live and breathe!

I'm having such a blast with Rim World, what a deep and excellent game, so many little details that i really like.

Bought Serious Sam First Encounter (VR version). Didn't like it at all, way too boring even in VR. Refunded. Overall i'd say VR becoming more and more overrated for me. As a huge fan of 3D and 3D Vision its somewhat surprising. I think the effect (seeing things as life-size and being able to lean in on stuff) is very cool, but having to wear that huge bulky thing, not a fan of that at all. Once wireless, less bulky and with wider FOV it will be amazing.

Hey vurt, I just finished Gothic II with your graphics overhaul. Great work! I'm playing G3 now and I mentioned you in my last recording. "Vurt would be proud" as I saw some of the really beautiful fauna and flora of Myrtana. :)

Back
Top Bottom