Fable 2 coming to PC

I'm waiting for Gears of War 2 and Halo 3. Those along with Fable II seems like the only reasons for me to grab an XBox 360. Interestingly, none of those games have the quality of the franchises that made me grab a PS3 (Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII etc, before RE5/FF13 was announced to 360).

But if the ports of Gears 2 and Halo 3 are like the ports of the last ones (i.e. mediocre and crappy) then they aren't worth waiting for.

Agree on some of the other games as mentioned, though.

But if the ports of Gears 2 and Halo 3 are like the ports of the last ones (i.e. mediocre and crappy) then they aren't worth waiting for.

Huh?! I can't say much for Halo 2, but the GoW PC port was actually superior to the console version, assuming you liked the game to begin with.

Lots of games aren't made available on PC and remain console exclusives.

The thing is, though, that the Xbox 360 platform is so close to the average PC - that NOT doing a "decent" conversion is basically saying no to free money. But it does require some planning during the development stage, and for some reason a lot of developers tend to forget the PC during this phase.

As we all know, free money is typically alluring to most businesses - so I don't see the point in something like Fable 2 remaining exclusive. I think it'd sell quite well, actually.

I think there's a very good chance we'll see this within a year.

Having already played Fable 2 on my 360 - I have to say I don't think it's better than the first one in any way, except the length which is actually OK. That said, I actually preferred the original Fable in most other ways - especially the character development and combat systems.

But because of the length/size/scope of the game - it does represent an overall more consistent and wholesome experience. It's still a pathetic joke compared to meaty CRPGs like the Gothics though - which would seem to be in the same genre. I find it pretty sad that they go out of their way to develop all these ways of interacting with the world - including some pretty inventive social interactions, ways of making money, and so on - only to have the game be so small in scale. Why would you want to "live" in a world that ends so soon after you start.

Then again, Molyneux was always a toymaker before a game designer.

Huh?! I can't say much for Halo 2, but the GoW PC port was actually superior to the console version, assuming you liked the game to begin with.

I guess what I was judging was the game I played compared to the reviews I read from other folks at GamerDad back when it came out.

Sorry for practicing necromancy but are there any news about this one?

Haven't heard anything in awhile, but I can't exactly say I've been looking for it either...

Ditto ... I've been busier tracking issues with the original Fable on the Mac ...

Back
Top Bottom