Kingdom Come - Review @ TechRaptor

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
TechRaptor has reviewed Kingdom Come: Deliverance:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Review - Thy Will Be Done

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a “love it or hate it” game. Many have been excited about the prospect of a historically accurate RPG. A title that replaces fantastical elements and epic storytelling with a trip back to the roots of roleplaying, complete with stat blocks and skill-based combat. Others have been hesitant to try out the game. The barrier to entry is high and the numerous reports of bugs and graphical glitches sometimes overshadow the gameplay. Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum, Kingdom Come is an ambitious game. While it is deeply flawed as an experience, it has some merit as an RPG.

The early parts of Kingdom Come are the most solid. Billed as a historically based RPG, the player controls Henry, a twenty-something peasant blacksmith who swears vengeance for the death of his family at the hands of a raiding Lord. Henry is a likable character, and your questlines in the early goings are simple affairs befitting a peasant. As time progresses, Henry becomes more embroiled in the political machinations of the nobility, where new discoveries about his past become revealed that change his outlook forever.

[...]

Summary

I really wanted to like Kingdom Come: Deliverance more than I did, but at the end of the day the conflicting mechanics only compound the technical and narrative flaws the further you get into the game.

Pros

• Historical Accuracy...
  • Attempting Realism...
  • Ambitious...
  • Some Clever Narrative Set Ups...
Cons

• ...With Historical Fiction.
  • ...Conflicting Game Mechanics.
  • ...Too Many Risks Don't Payoff.
  • ...Poor Narrative Conclusions.
  • Numerous Technical Shortcomings.
Score: 6.5/10
More information.

SOunds like a patch or two will make the game good enough for a solid game experience.

This is one game I'd like exp/dlcs more fleshing out core game.
In Vavra lies our deliverance. :)

Pros
Historical Accuracy…

Cons
…With Historical Fiction.
So Hal didn't exist, he's fiction and it's cons when it comes to games. LOL

As usual I'll respect someone's taste, but won't agree on the score nor it's (sorry but I find it silly) reasoning.
The reviewer has a point though when mentioning technical problems, that's something even a blind person could see in this game. Maybe I should say thanks to Warner one of these days, if they didn't screw up Arkham Knight so much, reviewers would still be ignoring bugs and showering bug-o-ramas with 9/10 or 10/10.

Back
Top Bottom