Direct2Drive - Purchased by Gamefly

yeah, but Gamersgate can be bought out just the same as D2D was.

I just got done downloading all 50gb of games I had on D2D. Like curious was saying, I'm seeing the fact that Gamefly is a paid service. What that means for old customers of d2D I'm not sure, and there may come a time when we cannot even activate games anymore without a sub. I just installed Westward and it went thru a D2D validate process.

And THAT is the reason I have never bought from GameTap ...

I tried Desura didn't like it. GreenMan gaming are international based so I never used them sorry. Beamdog doesn't have that many games that are interesting.

I didn't comment on the quality - that's up to the individual to decide. Me, I'm right behind Steam so having better resourced competition to keep Steam on their toes is fine with me. I do understand those that were using those services might be disappointed, however.

Curious that GMG being "international" is any sort of barrier...why would you care? Desura is Australian, GamersGate is Swedish, GOG is Polish...does it matter?

Curious that GMG being "international" is any sort of barrier…why would you care? Desura is Australian, GamersGate is Swedish, GOG is Polish…does it matter?

So long as the business operates in my country I don't care ...

I care much more about limitations you find out about AFTER buying - like 3-install limits from GetGames, *whatever* it is that Strategy First does with their bundles (you get 15 downloads labeled 'install.exe'), and so on ...

Back
Top Bottom