The TV Series discussion thread

I liked Breaking Bad, I thought it was a solid show. I mean, yeah, Walter White isn't the most likable character but that actually made him more interesting.
I never watched Better Call Saul as it seemed like a cheap spin-off. It's worth watching then?

How can anyone champion a professed drug dealer, a person that poisons others simply for his own benefit? Aye, while I did watch the show when it aired, I was fervently praying every episode for White to die a horrible death, one that would terrify others that might think to delve into a similar venture. And the actions he performs in later episodes....well, at least he does get his at the end. It just wasn't brutal enough for the life he led, nor the damage he wrought. If you look up "scum" in a thesaurus, there should be a stark photo of Walter White present.

Better Call Saul is the superior show, one of the few that surpasses the series that came before it. If you can actually stomach Breaking Bad, you should treat yourself to the splendid dessert that is Better Call Saul. To see Odenkirk, McKean, Seehorn and Banks play off one another and bring some stalwart characters to life is to see television at one of its peaks.

I liked Breaking Bad, I thought it was a solid show. I mean, yeah, Walter White isn't the most likable character but that actually made him more interesting.
I never watched Better Call Saul as it seemed like a cheap spin-off. It's worth watching then?

Almost everyone I hear raves about Better Call Saul. And some even say it's better than Breaking Bad. I'm waiting for season 6, the final one, to release, this or next year.

Better Call Saul is good, but Breaking Bad is a classic. A lot of lists have it in the top 10 for television dramas, and I have to agree with that.

Apparently some people have weird hang-ups about it, but it's one of the all-time bests.

That is correct, Better Call Saul is superior, and Breaking Bad was good. How they make use of some of the earlier characters is an extra bonus, you can really tell how certain things happened and progressed, in some cases far earlier than we, as viewers, might have suspected. The White show was a fine cup of bitters, while the McGill vehicle is a fine single malt whiskey. Fortunately, we can enjoy them both! =)

Adam Curtis - Can't Get You Out of My Head

Breaking Bad is a classic.
No. It's mainstream.
Some mainstreams eventually become classics, but for that IMO criminally overrated show it's kinda hard to expect.

I prefer to think of Breaking Bad as the place where Vince Gilligan honed his writing, directing and production skills. Those talents are now mastered, and Better Call Saul, as well as the viewers, are the beneficiaries.

You are quoting a site full od paid shills, fake reviews, trolls and people who's scale is 0 or 1 with no other number in between.
And you know that.
So that's kinda... Questionable at best.

Of course. I'm sure all 1,466,381 of those reviews are shills, fake, etc. ;)

If IMDB is those things, what source would you suggest isn't?

I watched Vikings in the last weeks but did not finished it, gave up around the final episodes of season 5. First 3 seasons are great, season 4 it gets meh and after ragnar dies, it turns into a soap opera, with the chars changing sides more often than panties, so after a while didnt gave a fuck about no one. All 60 episodes of s4-s6 could have easily made it into one season, instead they created a boring mess. They also fucked up pretty much every char.

Yeah I agree, once the original Ragnar is gone, the quality of Vikings goes right off the cliff. The stories seem weaker, even the acting doesn't seem as good as it once was earlier in the life of the show. I stopped watching it a while back.

I’ve tried getting into Vikings two times now, and both times I couldn’t finish the first episode. For some reason it wasn’t grabbing me. I’m not huge into viking lore and mythology. The only viking movie I remember liking was Valhala Rising. I loved the God of War reboot and the viking setting it’s set in. But for some reason the tv show doesn’t grab me.

Of course. I'm sure all 1,466,381 of those reviews are shills, fake, etc. ;)

If IMDB is those things, what source would you suggest isn't?
Your RL friends.

I've just finished season 8 of Homeland, which is sometimes skipping a year or two. It's always as gripping and suspenseful, and as hard psychologically for the main character. It's not too predictable either, not entirely anyway.

I thought Homeland ended ok. I was never a huge fan of the show, yet I do like both the leads, Patinkin and Danes, as well as enjoying many of the guests that show up for a series or two. Some of the show was really predictable, yet I found the last series rather good and went places I didn't expect. I'll re-watch the entire show again at some point, so knowing that at least I'm aware that I liked it enough.

Back
Top Bottom