The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - First Look @ C4G - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - First Look @ C4G

Default The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - First Look @ C4G

December 26th, 2020, 01:09
C4G checked out the Gothic 2 mod The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos:

GOTHIC 2 IS BACK | The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos

loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)

December 26th, 2020, 01:42
Yeah it's not going to be available in English audio so no I wont enjoy it. I don't care how great the subs are it's lazy to not rework the audio for the worldwide Steam release.

Yes I know its a mod, it's free, but I don't care.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
Last edited by Couchpotato; December 26th, 2020 at 08:07.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)

December 26th, 2020, 04:01
I think some people don't quite grasp the amount of work that goes into doing voice-overs for games with a lot of dialogue.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

December 26th, 2020, 08:09
Oh I know I just don't care. Their happens to be a vast majority of free voice actors who will gladly help out mod projects. Look up their work on Fallout/skyrim mods.

Yes most are amateurs but it's better then nothing.

Ps: I'm sure henriquejr will +1 you again as he likes everything I hate.
--
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

December 26th, 2020, 08:30
Well we're all glad you care enough about not caring to post about it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
+1:

December 26th, 2020, 14:36
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Oh I know I just don't care. Their happens to be a vast majority of free voice actors who will gladly help out mod projects. Look up their work on Fallout/skyrim mods.

Yes most are amateurs but it's better then nothing.
CouchPotato, even if those voice actors can be hired for free, thing is: do the developers have access to them (voice actors) in this pandemic situation we're all in? Wouldn't this "audio rework" still costs the devs some money, a money they may not have available?

You called this "laziness" but perhaps they just don't have enough resources to properly implement English (or any other language) voice-acting.

Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Ps: I'm sure henriquejr will +1 you again as he likes everything I hate.
You know this is not true, Couch. I don't automatically love whatever you hate or vice-versa. Actually, if you take time to see the posts I liked, you'll see that many of theses posts are yours, since the immemorial times when you were news editor (when I registered here, you still were).

I value all opinions expressed here, even the ones I may not agree with. I don't auto-love, auto-hate, auto-this, auto-that anyone here.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
Last edited by henriquejr; December 26th, 2020 at 16:37.

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

December 26th, 2020, 18:24
Man, nothing is easy or fast in game development.
"Why didn't they just round up a dozen amateur voice actors, who would all submit their own recordings in whatever format and quality they have access to, convert/adapt all the files, implement it in-game, test it…. BAM, you're done!"
--
--| sometimes game writer |--

screeg

floating head

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

December 26th, 2020, 19:07
I've posted before about playing through the Witcher in Polish and my dislike for phoned in game voice overs so this is no problem for me.
Having subtitles is a great compromise if we, solo language speakers get to enjoy story heavy RPGs from around the world. I read subtitles faster than the overwrought and awkward monologues that still make up the majority of game 'acting'.
So best of luck to 'The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos' !

shamroxor

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 26th, 2020, 19:41
The outdated graphics of G1 & G2 are part of their charm for me. I find the game world comfortable and whenever I play, it's sort of like going back to 'the old neighborhood' for a visit. Just enjoyable to see familiar faces and places and relive fun times.

Zephyr

Sentinel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

December 27th, 2020, 00:34
PS Merry X-Mas screw all of you. Can't have contrary opinions.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

+1:

December 27th, 2020, 12:16
it´s good that your native language is english, if not you would be a very unahappy man.
Why don´t you give them your money so they can get some really good voice over, and then you play the game…and on the way give some money to Underrail developter, a game with so much words, and so much laziness in reading them

boobaloo

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

December 27th, 2020, 18:31
Story is king, I couldn't care less what most games look like, with one exception: I really care not for cartoon-ish looking games that bring to mind some colourful vomit more than a pleasant gaming experience. Heck, I can play games that still use test format (hi Zork!) and still have a great time these days! Give me a robust story, throw in some choices with serious consequences, and my wallet will open. Gladly!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

December 27th, 2020, 21:13
Originally Posted by boobaloo View Post
it´s good that your native language is english, if not you would be a very unahappy man.
Why don´t you give them your money so they can get some really good voice over, and then you play the game…and on the way give some money to Underrail developter, a game with so much words, and so much laziness in reading them
Well I'm always a very unhappy man so it doesn't matter.

I also already own Underrail, and reading text doesn't bother me. What bothers me is hearing Polish audio while reading English text. So yeah your points aren't relevant.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - First Look @ C4G