D-Fend Reloaded Problems? - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Tech Help » D-Fend Reloaded Problems?

Default D-Fend Reloaded Problems?

June 22nd, 2008, 22:27
I've been out of the loop for a while, and when I come back, D-Fend - a graphical frontend for DosBox - was discontinued. It seems someone else picked up where the project left off and created D-Fend Reloaded. Since I had three old games casually lying around that I really wanted to try out - Die Hard Trilogy, Hexplore and Raptor: Call of the Shadows - I proceed to download the new version and configure the games.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to make them run. I know old age and senility go hand in hand, and that I'm not always the best pickle in the jar, but I can't seem to, no matter what config options I try, to start any game. DosBox is launched through the frontend and immediately quits. I remember not having any problem whatsoever with D-Fend, so either I've forgotten what I knew about it or there's something weird here.

I point to where the game *.exes are, generally don't mess with sound or graphical options (I usually take care of these after I know the game can run), and I think that it's all mounted to Drive C. But nothing.

Can anyone with spare time tell me what is it I'm doing wrong, or give me a brief run on how to create a game profile, just to see if I'm not screwing things up?

Thanks in advance.

Role-Player

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 23rd, 2008, 02:01
Sorry I can't help you, I just use vanilla Dosbox, but welcome back!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

June 26th, 2008, 23:42
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Sorry I can't help you, I just use vanilla Dosbox, but welcome back!!
Thanks It's not much of a return. I'm not part of the Codex staff anymore, and gaming is pretty erratic for me these days so not I'm not even paying much attention to RPGs. But I wanted to see how everyone was doing and, if all went well, get some tech help

Role-Player

Watchdog

June 27th, 2008, 17:57
D-Fend Reloaded has an own thread over there at Vogons / Zetafleet :
http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=17415

Hope this helps. The thread was started by the maker od Reloaded, so maybe he can help you, if everything else fails.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

June 27th, 2008, 18:03
I had the same problem and found a way to fix it, but I can't remember off the top of my head. When I get home tonight, I'll look at my config and see.
--
---------------------------------

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Tech Help » D-Fend Reloaded Problems?