Battle Brothers - ‘Beasts & Exploration’ Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
New Battle Brothers DLC has been announced called 'Beasts & Exploration'.

‘Beasts & Exploration' DLC Announcement
3 AUGUST - RAPSDJFF

We're very excited to announce that we're working on a full-sized DLC for Battle Brothers. Yes, you heard that right - there's going to be a real and meaty expansion with fresh content coming for that game that you like. The name of the upcoming DLC is going to be ‘Beasts & Exploration'.

That's a pretty telling name, and as it suggests, the focus of the DLC will be on introducing new beast opponents in order to bring more variety to every stage of the game, and to make exploring the world more interesting and rewarding. But that's not all!

[battlebrothersgame.com]

Here's the list of major features you can expect:

• A variety of challenging new beasts populating different parts of the wilds. Each with unique mechanics and loot.
  • A bigger world to explore, full of unique hidden locations throughout that offer new possibilities and rewards to the daring adventurer.
  • Trophies from slain beasts that can be crafted into charms, potions and other items to customize the look of your hardened mercenaries and benefit them in combat.
  • New contracts that have you engage in profitable beast hunting, exploration and more.
  • New weapons, tools, shields, and armor to equip your men with.
  • New paint items that can be used to paint shields and helmets in the colors of your company.
  • Lots of new events.
  • New music tracks.
In addition to these major features, the DLC will also include countless smaller additions. Just like in the past, all the major points and most of the minor ones will be explained in detail in future dev blogs as we go along, so you'll always know what we're working on and why. We expect to be working on this for several months and will announce a release date and final feature list once we're closer to the finish line. We're also making good progress on our new game, and will continue to work on it in parallel.

Alongside the DLC, which will not be free, the game will also receive a sizable free update. This update will contain a whole bunch of improvements and balancing changes, as well as some minor content additions.

Join us next week for our first dev blog on the new DLC, introducing a terrifying new opponent!
More information.

That's awesome.

My game of the year gets an update. Since it's an old school kind of game they should call it an expansion :) I have played Battle Brothers as much as I have played Skyrim. Didn't think that would be possible.

Best gaming news of the year.

great news. I loved the game and this give me an excuse to roll a new band of Brothers.

Sad this is coming out so long after the original game. Spend so many hours (200+?) in beta and on the final release I have no interest in going back.

In other news, expect all new BB Steam forum posts to be four page screeds begging for modding capability, scolding the devs for not including modding, predicting the ultimate bankruptcy of Overhype because of no modding, and swearing off their favorite game forever because, guess what? They never included modding.

The Whine Brigade managed to bring their Steam rating from 96% to the high 60s right around the final release and for a few months afterwards.

Yeah, everything's a to-the-death fight these days. People have lost their perspective. Civility and making even a cursory attempt to understand another person's point of view are out the window…at least here in the U.S.

And this is great news -- about the game, I mean. For me, this is the type of game you can return to nearly endlessly, after the proper down time. I can easily see myself firing this game up every year to two until the day I die, so adding new stuff is very welcome. :)

Edit: I was just looking at the Steam page for this. Man, they generated a lot of comments for a newer announcement. For a small game, they do have their fans. While it might lead to misguided Internet campaigns, it's probably a good sign overall.

Last edited:
Okay, some day they'll need to break down and add magic. Even if it's low magic.

Yeah, this sounds like a serious amount of new content, I wouldn't try to pick this up with an existing game, but it does beg for a whole new run though a game most worthy of a second visit.

This game is so much fun I think I put 200+ hours in to playing. I am glad to hear that they are going to release an expansion. Like Capt. I find it is a game you can come back to after a break and get right back in to it again.

May have to play this game eventually but I can't get passed the bobble heads NPC's.

Sad this is coming out so long after the original game. Spend so many hours (200+?) in beta and on the final release I have no interest in going back.

I'd feel the same way but fortunately haven't played it yet, so looking forward to playing the main game with this.

That said, this does highlight another reason why I tend to get to games a year or two after they release these days... so I've got most/all patches and can get most/all dlc if I want it. I just don't have the time to play a great game for a while and then play it again 6 or 12 months later for some dlc.

I am surprised that they are doing an add on as shortly after release they had said that they were burnt out with working on the game and would be moving on to another project.
I am glad they came back to it but surprised they did. This may be why this will be released so long after their game came out.

May have to play this game eventually but I can't get passed the bobble heads NPC's.

I was the same as you, then after buying the game I easily forgot the legless party. The characters sprites change as they receive damage, whereas other games only have animation, but don't show cut/slash/blunt damage. Big plus!

Their next game will have full body animation.

They really are making some noise with this extra content, I didn't expect such a media blitz. Hopefully this will pull even more people into the spectacular realm that is Battle Brothers.

I almost stayed away from Battle Brothers because of the art direction. That would have been the biggest mistake of my gaming life. And I have been gaming since Pong :)

I actually enjoy the art direction now more than most games. Like mercy said the way armor and weapons and wounds are depicted is better than having arms and legs.

Game isn't my thing, but it's encouraging to me that it's so popular.

Back
Top Bottom