Witcher ?'s on Potions / Herbs

The Witcher

Warmskin

Watcher
I have 'unknown potions' I have made with actual formulas in my list. I made 'Frightened Vision' (supposed to add a Bronze talent, but when I drank it I rec'd no additional talents). Will I be able to identify some of these potions later in the game? And also, why can't I Identify some herbs I run across ('unknown')? I have *all* Intelligence skills for level 1 and 2 (Bronze) except 'Rising Moon'. Not explained very well…
Playing with EE Dir. cut patch. Thanks very much.

Potions will be "unknown" if you make or find one that Geralt is unfamiliar with. For instance, lets say he finds 3 White Gull potions, but he has never made or purchased one yet. They will all show as unknown until he makes one or buys one, and then they will all show as White Gull potions.

You don't learn all the herbs\plants just from talents, you have to buy books to learn most of them, or learn them from an NPC.

OK, I *think* maybe I get it. But, it sure isn't explained very well in the manual. Even with the extra little 'hint' book that comes with the EE, things are still a bit unclear. Any extra explanation helps and I thank you 'cause I'm sure diggin' this game so far. Just got to Vizima…

Last edited:
Potions you made that were mistakes will show as unknowns as well. I made a few experimental ones just to play around and they did mix but showed as unknown.

Back
Top Bottom