NWN2 Gameplay length?

Neverwinter Nights 2
Haven't finished yet, but have heard ~40 - 60 hours. I think that depends on your approach as always - NWN1 took me ~80 hours for the OC.

Now that's a new and original way to measure gameplay time!! :) Would look great in a review!! :biggrin:

Hehe, I can already see it on the back of the game box: "Estimated time through the campaign is roughly 50-70 hours for hardcore gamers, and about half a pregnancy for more casual ones".

The progress in NWN2 is a bit slower and you have more options than in NWN1, so NWN2 is definetly the longer of the two.

Well, thankfully, I won't be having to measure by pregnancy anymore...that last one was a nasty surprise despite precautions:)

By the time I played the original NWN campaign, SoU had just been released so I had *a lot* of NWN in one go. I'm also looking forward to the Planescape Trilogy for NWN2. I loved the original...I picked up a second copy about 6 months ago (also of my other D&D games as well) so if anything ever happened to one, then I have a backup. Of course, now some of those are on Gametap but at least I'll always have a copy:)

Celeste

Oh, what a pity, we won't be able to measure the length of G4 and NWN 3 by our new standard!! :biggrin:

Hehe, I can already see it on the back of the game box: "Estimated time through the campaign is roughly 50-70 hours for hardcore gamers, and about half a pregnancy for more casual ones".

That included short naps when you have 2 two years and under (at that time). ;) I'm a hardcore gamer at heart but there is this thing called reality that lifts it head :)

So anyone know when the expansion is coming out??:D

Celeste

It is funny how we measure games by real-life events - my son was in Children's Hospital in Boston having Kidney surgery right after Thief Deadly Shadows came out. Only one could stay in the room, so my wife stayed with him and I was in the hotel. I couldn't sleep so I played that game through ...

I was thinking the same thing! I had just installed Diablo 2 when Rudi was born. Her middle name is actually the name I picked out for my Amazon. I was playing Badlur's Gate 2 and in Ust Natha when the next was born and her middle name is Alwyn (maybe gamers shouldn't have/name kids:D I was near the end of Thief (the first one) when the last was born.

Glad your son is doing fine now :)

Celeste

And is he called Garrett? :) Fortunately, mine were born before PC gaming really took off. Mind you, my son loved to sit on my lap while I was playing U5 on the C64 and 'open' all the chests. Watching them 'explode' into items was fun for him!! :)

I actually need to leave the safety of my bunker if I'm ever going to have kids, and that is not very likely to happen in the next few years.. that bright, shining thing in the sky scares me! Burns me eyes it does!

It took me nine days of 4-12 hours per day. The only subquest I know I did not do was "Skymirror" which is only available in chapter 1. The game just keeps growing so whenever you think you are done something new happens that must be taken care of first.

""Skymirror" which is only available in chapter 1."
Are you serious?
Its part of her companion quest right?
Why would they only offer a companion quest in the first chapt. :(

I heard about the quest but can't/couldn/t very get any dialogue going, it must be bugged for me, I even tested out if I had enough +influence.
Is there somewhere I can read up on the quest to get some help?

Thanks. :)

Have you gone to skymirrow with her? That was all I did and the quest is just there. All we did was search stuff and "act" like a druid. ;)

No it never came up, I even tried all dialogue strings, there is/was 1 she wont talk about though it's not due to influence failure, as it doesn't seem to test it, which was reguarding "The Circle", iir.
I even tested it by putting my influence up to 100 with no change, I just thought it was story based and haven't reach the point yet.

Appoliges my orginal question might have sounded lazy asking someone to tell me where to look, but I have desperatly tried to look up info on Companions with no luck and didn't know the name of this one, but now maybe I can find something out on the offical boards with a quest name. :)
Its quiet buggy and I have been tring to becareful with many saves but with the game forcing you through many story parts its hard to be as methodical as I should have been, i.e. making a save ever 30 mins and never overwriting it. :p

Thanks. :)

SPOILER

To trigger the skymirror quest, you must find a druid in Neverwinter who is polymorphed into a wolf, and injured. I dont recall his exact location, but I'd say it was in the docks district. And you'll surely need to have Eleena in your party.

Back
Top Bottom