Last game you finished, tell us about it

Where's the thumb down button when you need it. I mean… ESO, Wolfenstein and Prey in one post.
Good thing Destiny 2 wasn't included. :p

... I take it you don't like those games, then, @joxer;. Must be the lack of animated hair.
All I know about Destiny 2 is that it's some sort of game. I don't follow game news anymore these days... unless it's news about a franchise that I know I like.

Ah, talking of games: we (12 friends and family members) invaded a VR lounge last weekend to play Serious Sam. But we didn't finish the game xD.

I finally finished my play through of Wasteland 2 DC a few days ago. Really liked the game but was ready for it to be over about halfway through the Hollywood quest line.

Just finished South Park: Fractured But Whole. I liked it, to me it wasn't as funny as the first one (that would be a tall order) but it was still funny, and the combat is 10 times better than the first. Took me about 30 hours to finish.

Just finished South Park: Fractured But Whole. I liked it, to me it wasn't as funny as the first one (that would be a tall order) but it was still funny, and the combat is 10 times better than the first. Took me about 30 hours to finish.

Yeah I agree. The combat was much better and the game was fun, but it didn't have any of the stand-out moments from the first one (the gnomes, Canada etc). Also, whilst combat was better, I got bored of the limited gangs of folk roaming the streets. A bit more variety would have been very welcome. Still, it was fun to explore South Park and the script was funny enough, so I enjoyed it overall.

Yeah I agree. The combat was much better and the game was fun, but it didn't have any of the stand-out moments from the first one (the gnomes, Canada etc). Also, whilst combat was better, I got bored of the limited gangs of folk roaming the streets. A bit more variety would have been very welcome. Still, it was fun to explore South Park and the script was funny enough, so I enjoyed it overall.

Well I ignored most of those potential encounters, very easily dodged so it wasn't an issue for me. The main story and side quests provided more than plenty of experience so I never felt I needed to fight any random encounters.

It’s not an RPG but I just finished Submerged during my backlog cleanup. Figured I would copy the review I left on Steam here in case anyone was thinking about this one:

“Pretty game focused primarily upon a very basic climbing mechanic. While it may appeal to gamers seeking a more relaxing experience without any combat or real danger of failure it is regretfully a rather shallow game with little plot or variety. Luckily it isn't very long and by the time you start dreading another samey building climb it's close to over. If you do choose to get this do yourself a favor and do not get the main objective on each building without first gathering all of the story cards. Picking up the main quest items wil automatically teleport you back to the main base and you will be forced to climb up..and then down...the same building again! I also experienced an annoying sound bug where the music made the cutscenes stuuter quite a bit. I tried a few suggestions I found on the forrm but nothing worked so I ended up just turning off the music.

Pros:
Very pretty game
No combat or stress
Only about 3-4 hours long
Easy to get 100% acheivements (if you are into that)

Cons:
Annoying bug with music
Very shallow plot
Climbing/boating gets old pretty fast
PITA to climb up and down same buildings multiple times because you missed a collectible the first time.
Normal price of $19.99 is waaaay to much for this game.

My verdict: I'm honestly torn on whether to recommend this game or not. It's a decent way to spend a couple of hours, but once you finish it once there is little reason to ever boot it up again. If you are interested in this one I would strongly recommend waiting for a deep discount via a sale as there is not enough value here to justify the $19.99 price tag.”

Also finished Jotun. Again here are my thoughts:

I grabbed this game a few months back when it was free on Steam. I wasn't expecting much as I knew nothing about the game but what the trailer showed on the store page and the "mixed" reviews it had received. I knew it wasn't a long game (about 5 hours on my playthrough) so I decided to knock it out this weekend as part of my backlog reduction efforts. I liked the graphics as soon as the game started. Very detailed, cartoony style a la Banner Saga. I was a little confused about what to do when it first started but it all clicked after I stumbled out of first section. 30 mins in and I was hooked. Great puzzles..some of the BEST boss fights I have played in years! You are smaller than the bosses big toes! I also appreciated the strong female lead character, solid lore, and awesome voice acting. This game is not easy…but it felt fair and whenever I died I had that sensation of knowing I could beat that section with one more try!

Pros:
Female Protaganist is well done
Great voice acting
Amazing boss fights
Engaging story and lore
Excellent animation
No bugs encountered

Cons:
That lava level was just a shade too annoying

My verdict: This one caught me off guard and blew me away. I would definitely recommend it! I've actually just wishlisted the developers other game and intend on buying it and supporting them in the future on the strength of this game alone. I don't understand the "mixed" reviews on the store page. This one is a gem!

Last edited:
bioshock-2:

Unlike bioshock which I played a few times (3?); this was my first play of bioshock-2. Graphics were fine (remastered version); game play is nearly identical to bioshock.
-
At first (first 1/3 to 1/2 of game); I really didn't like it much but around midway i found myself getting interested in the story and wanting to know more. The ending is hectic (fast pace - about last 1.5 hours) and during that last part i had two very annoying crashes (no crashes earlier in the game). Final cut scene was anti-climatic. Can't really say I loved the game and not sure if I will ever play again but I would put it on par with the 1st (which I never really fell in love with).
-
Next up is bioshock infinite (which I played once before and liked quite a bit more than the first two - though the story itself is not that great).

Last edited:
I just finished BlackGuards 1. It was the first game I played which uses The Dark Eye RPG system.

I don't think I'll be returning to it for a new gameplay anytime soon. I have a huge backlog, other games to play. The final chapter seemed a bit rushed, the tactical combat is interesting but too much 'luck-oriented'. Sometimes the game kinda… drags. Maybe because the story isn't so compelling. The voice acting isn't that great though Zurbaran has the best dialog lines in the game.

I'd give it 7/10, mostly because of tactical combat.

I finished Tomb Raider: Anniversary the other day. Besides two really annoying (read hard using KB+mouse) bits is was pretty fun to revisit an updated/re-imagined TR1.

I completed Trails of Cold Steel last Friday, and wow, what an amazing game. I found this a much better game than the earlier Legend games, which I enjoyed, but this offering is superior. The tactical combat, the huge areas to explore, the varying ways you can style your group and even have different members really made this a rewarding experience. I think at the end I had just over seventy hours clocked, and have my save ready for the next part.

Bottom line for me, I may have to replay the earlier Legend games again, perhaps they are better than I give them credit for. I will certainly be buying the next Cold Steel that is released for the computer!

I have finished Trails of Cold Steel, too (90 hours). Nice one!.

The next part comes to the PC on February 24.

The 3 parts of Trails in the Sky are available for the PC, too.

Which are more enjoyable the Trails in the sky series or Trails of cold series ? Also the series is 5 games right ?

The series is actually, so far, 14 games long, the first game released in 1989. Everything before the first Trails in the Sky is PSP only and date from before the 2000s.

The Trails of Cold Steel sub-series has 3 games released in Japan and a 4th coming in 2018. Translation (and PC version) are lagging, but not as much as for Trails in the Sky series (which originally released in 2004-2007 but only made it in English in 2011-2017).

There is two other games released in 2010-2011, Trails to Azure and Trails from Zero, that haven't been translated or made available on PC yet and the story is linked to Cold Steel and Trails in the Sky from what I remember reading.

As for best, I think people prefer Cold Steel, but then it is the more recent games.

Back
Top Bottom