D:OS2 Updating already downloaded

Divinity: Original Sin 2

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
How much of an update will need to be done on he 14th?

Can we start the update early?

The icon has been sitting there on my desk top for months wanting to be clicked on.

It is the full game and it will replace the EA version, so I expect it to be several gigabytes.
I have seen no info yet on it being downloadable already before the release date.

So.. has anyone actually got an update going yet? It's the 14th now, and my version is still saying "Alpha 3.xx", and there's no indication anything is about to change. That's the weird thing about the whole "early access" thing - Steam acts as if it's released, instead of the usual release timer that lets you know when it's out.

Apparently, the show should start at 7PM CET today. That's a bit more than 6 hours of additional waiting. ;)

I'd hoped to be able to preload this - even if it meant killing the EA version..so, I have to wait for several more hours and only then start downloading the *entire* final release? I don't have such a very fast connection so really wanted to leave it running overnight and be ready to play when it unlocked today.

I'm playing Salt currently, but I'll start DOS2 as soon as I get tired of consuming Salt ;)

My GOG Galaxy client is now updating.

It is finally here! And it is massive !

Mine also got here today. Again big kudos to Larian for release day delivery.
First Kickstarter I backed where they finally managed to get the physical copies in the hands of backers on release :) .

Now the question is whether to open it or not... but I think not. I have also left the CE of the first game in its shrinkwrap so I can sell these pristine games for THOUSANDS (if not MEEEEEEELLLLIIIOOONNNS) of Euro dollars in a few years from now muuuahahahahahahahaa :biggrin: :mwahaha:

???
What, no time for it because you're still rampaging in onecoreCPU killer AC4?
toofar.gif

Meh. By the time you start playing it, we'll all already put claws on Elex.
tongue.gif

Too bad they fucked up the localization. Now I'm not half as hyped anymore... :/

???
What, no time for it because you're still rampaging in onecoreCPU killer AC4?
toofar.gif

Meh. By the time you start playing it, we'll all already put claws on Elex.
tongue.gif

Duuuude. Just because I have not opened the physical boxes does not mean I can't play the games. Seems to me more like you are stuck in the single core age or something! :biggrin:
Besides, I have already played several (five) hours or so of D:OS 2 early access.

I'm not opening the boxes in order to keep their value high. I guess we will have to wait&see about how much in terms of cult classics the D:OS games will become. If they don't then I guess I might as well crack open the boxes in a few years but if they do become valuable classics then... *KA-CHING* :biggrin: .

Duuuude.

Besides, I have already played several (five) hours or so of D:OS 2 early access.

I'm not opening the boxes in order to keep their value high.

f5362a111cb18c13693d95609f0a1a4c--things-kids-say-scary-things.jpg

Yes? Is there anything you wanted to say honey-bunny?! :biggrin:

Not really, except the game just finished download and I'm off to pwn the game with undead protagonist.

Would love to hear about undead main experience from your early access, but it's too late now. :evilgrin:

EDIT:
Subtitles on by default, god, I love them!!!

Motion blur on by default. Dammnit! Don't spill the milk this fast!

Last edited:
Man, this game took almost 11 minutes to download!

Back
Top Bottom