ATOM RPG - Patch 1.109

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Porcozaur spotted patch 1.109 for the ATOM RPG:

Patch 1.109: Isometric Mode and Much More

The game now has an isometric mode and many new fixes and features our players asked for!

Hello, friends!

It is time to publish yet another large patch for the game. This time around we fixed all of the new bugs the community found, as well as optimized the soundscape, left handed person accessibility, and controller support for the game.

Also, we added the new camera mode to the game, that puts the view into isometric projection. This mode is a new feature we are developing for the Trudograd standalone expansion, but we just couldn't stop ourselves from adding it into the original game as well, both for testing purposes and because we think you just might like it. The mode can be toggled from the menu.

Speaking of Trudograd, the development is going swimmingly. The standalone expansion now features 20+ characters, with unique portraits and dialogues, 10+ quests, a new mob enemy, and a few new mechanics. You can follow our work at our social media accounts if you want.

Thank you for being with us, and let there be ATOM!

[...]
More information.

It is great to see them still patching this and like the camera adjustments!

According to my gog account I’ve played this game for about 50 hours. This whole time, if anyone would have asked me about the camera I would have told them it was isometric. It’s overhead anyway. I guess I don’t know what the difference is.

It’s a good game anyway. I just wish you could fully control your companions rather than just select their behaviors.

I stopped playing maybe 20 minutes into the game due to the camera :p Kept meaning to go back to it but just sort of fell by the wayside. So, I'm definitely interested in this new camera angle; it was way too vertical for my tastes before.

According to my gog account I’ve played this game for about 50 hours. This whole time, if anyone would have asked me about the camera I would have told them it was isometric. It’s overhead anyway. I guess I don’t know what the difference is.
In the context of games, the difference is isometric has no perspective. Everything's just flat, as if it was all the same distance from you.

Here's a screenshot taken from this ATOM update, of their isometric mode:
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste.../5aea8dd97adf45ab8c514202b22c86e9d344de97.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the original ATOM look:
https://www.mobygames.com/images/promo/original/1545991284-2996119060.jpg

In the 2nd pic, take a look at the walls of the building. The front wall is wider than the back wall, in terms of number of pixels, even though the building is supposed to be square. Typical 3D camera perspective stuff. In isometric, those walls would be the same width on your screen. You can see that in the first screenshot above.

cool guys. they addressed my main points. facebook works ^^ their reddit also

so glad i bought it !
For a fallout fan (originals) this is a must have !

Finally started this yesterday and yes, everybody should play this asap. It's a very good Fallout substitute and has plenty of weird chars and possibility of roleplaying and skill use.

I wonder how many more patches we should expect in the next year….
I was curious about that too, I've been waiting to play this until it's done. So I checked their "developers news" blog page. They declared the game "completely finished" 4 months ago. Still, there's been patches since then, but only to fix bugs, add controller support, and bring in the isometric mode. The isometric mode was originally written for their next game, which is Trudograd, a standalone expansion for ATOM. So I guess it's safe to play this one now.

It really gives a strong Fallout vibe, but with much poorer dialog. It still has the skill checks and very similar combat. Pretty decent. I even played it to the first major city and I don't really do turn-based or parties. I still buy them but haven't finished one in a decade :)

Note, I probably played half a dozen characters in the first area.

Last edited:
See, that's what I'm waiting on with this game. It seems to get updated/changed every month or two still, and I'm waiting for that to come to a halt and finally be done, save for necessary patches.

I hadn't played it since before the 1.1 update a few months ago, so I booted it up yesterday to see what had changed since then.

I don't care for the isometric mode. I think I'd normally take isometric over overhead in most games, but I actually prefer the overhead view in ATOM. You have more freedom with the camera in that mode. In isometric mode, I don't like the way the view snaps into place at certain angles when you rotate the camera.

I didn't play Underrail but I enjoy ATOM. It truly is a Fallout clone, only with Russian references instead of American. It's a good game, I played it for quite a bit before shelving it due to the developer telling me on RPGCodex that they planned on making the game 4 times larger than it is currently, by introducing lots of content over time. So I doubt this one is fully finished, unless they changed the plan. There should be plenty of new content coming for it over time.

Back
Top Bottom