Pantheon - Questions for the Community

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen website has a new update about a new AMA.

Pantheon Community,

This is a chance for us - as a team - to ask you the community some questions, have some fun and get some valuable feedback. We get questions daily from you guys and girls, so time to turn the tables and throw some back at you!

Have fun and be creative, think about what you really want to get out of Pantheon that has been missing from your gaming experience lately.

The form can be found here: Community Questions
More information.

Looks like they hired some new people and this gives me some hope. I am rooting for Pantheon but they are a long way off before they get any of my money.

With EQNext in limbo Pantheon could really fill a void in the MMO market if it is done right.

I don't think you can really compare EQNext to Pantheon.

EQNext is full of dreams and ambitious ideas that'll likely never happen, and even if they do it'll still be SOE's (or whatever they wanna call themselves) utter shite F2P (F2P sucks for MMORPG players that give a crap - great for bottom feeders who want to pay 2 win their way thru games). EQNext is going to be yet another solo first steaming pile mixed with arcade/console feel. I wouldn't be surprised if the only outlandish feature they promised that makes the final game is the destructible terrain - something nobody needs nor that any serious player would even rate as a feature for an MMORPG and it was their #1 "feature" when they first announced the game.

Pantheon sounds good in theory - an MMORPG that's actually about grouping instead of soloing (single player RPG gameplay) on a server together (which isn't an MMORPG and is garbage). But, with their budget and resources the game is going to look 20 years old whenever it's playable and that's not really what many of old school players want - we want a MODERN looking MMORPG with that classic/real MMORPG gameplay - grouping, minimal/no solo, challenge, danger (ala original EQ in the early days). If we wanted old school MMORPG gameplay with 20 year old graphics we'd just play EQ. :p

Sadly MMORPGs right now are a no win for anybody who really loves the genre (as it originally existed and defined itself - grouping/challenge/danger). The new gen of non-mmorpg players are all happy to circle jerk doing meaningless mind numbing solo tasks with rare/occasional/optional grouping while paying cash for gold and other items and flitting between games they don't really care about. And the corporations are happy if they make money and don't care about the quality of gameplay and are happy to facilitate cheating and P2W if it makes them profit.

Not all bad, MMORPGs can be huge timesinks and NOT playing them leaves one with tons of time to devote to other games.

With SoE officially out of the mmo business, this is the one I'm hoping will bring a new, playable game to us all. At the very least, should Pantheon get off the ground and launch, I'll be there on day one.

I don't think you can really compare EQNext to Pantheon.

EQNext is full of dreams and ambitious ideas that'll likely never happen, and even if they do it'll still be SOE's (or whatever they wanna call themselves) utter shite F2P (F2P sucks for MMORPG players that give a crap - great for bottom feeders who want to pay 2 win their way thru games). EQNext is going to be yet another solo first steaming pile mixed with arcade/console feel. I wouldn't be surprised if the only outlandish feature they promised that makes the final game is the destructible terrain - something nobody needs nor that any serious player would even rate as a feature for an MMORPG and it was their #1 "feature" when they first announced the game.

Pantheon sounds good in theory - an MMORPG that's actually about grouping instead of soloing (single player RPG gameplay) on a server together (which isn't an MMORPG and is garbage). But, with their budget and resources the game is going to look 20 years old whenever it's playable and that's not really what many of old school players want - we want a MODERN looking MMORPG with that classic/real MMORPG gameplay - grouping, minimal/no solo, challenge, danger (ala original EQ in the early days). If we wanted old school MMORPG gameplay with 20 year old graphics we'd just play EQ. :p
I actually disagree there. I don't really need a modern looking MMORPG, as long as the gameplay is like the original EQ1. As long as it's ok looking I'm fine. I can't 'just play EQ' because a huge part of the charm is playing a game new, where most players are discovering the world as you are. I couldn't go back to playing EQ because basically everybody there would have 8 max level characters and have done everything 20 times over. When EQ1 rebooted a server and removed all expansions a couple of years ago (I think they called it progressive legacy or something), I tried it and totally loved it! That's the type of experience I want, so I do want to see Pantheon succeed, but I'm smart enough to not put money in there, I'll buy it when/if it's out.

Back
Top Bottom